• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea as well I reckon.

I can totally understand the perspective of pfft sport, what about interest rates, trade deficit and community health. I get it.  But the reality is that sports investment is way worse than it has b

I am actually a touch concerned I won't get to see Madi's races because I am away.

Get back Friday night but the silly Paralympic App on the iPad is total crappola and isn't letting me know when she is racing. :(

Hey when do these Parabolympics start? Hasn't been on the news.... ;)

Retail sales in the UK were lower in August as the popularity of the Olympics hit traffic at stores, a survey has shown.

Retail sales fell 0.4% on a like-for-like basis from the same month last year, according to the British Retail Consortium (BRC).

Surprised it isn't more than that. Places were quiet, and even the local Indian restaurant said that business was way down as people stayed in to watch telly. Though he said take-out was a bit up.

ABC2 has been covering it in Aus, but I have to say I have been very disappointed with the coverage.

Some incredible achievements, awesome back stories - those guys at WAY more interesting than the regular Olympians.

I would buy a DVD of the Olympic coverage if it did competition interviews and back stories as well.

Inspirational stuff.

Oh...and my friends daughter has completed one of her events, the 100m T53 final and placed 6th.

Her team mate Angie Ballard grabbed the bronze in th same race. Madi is carrying a couple of bad injuries at the moment, so I am hoping they don't stop her from bringing home at least one bit of 'jewelery'.

You know why? Because hardly anyone cares. Brutal, Stupid, but true.

Sheet! Take a look, see what they have to do just to be there! More guts and determination than a hundred able bodied athletes!

If you don't care - more fool you!

I just watched a bit of 'Wheelchair Rugby'.

It was... strange. And didn't look anything like rugby.

:lol: I'd be more worried if it DID look like Rugby given the participants are quadriplegics! :lol:

For me Wheelchair Rugby (more commonly know as MurderBall) is the most incredible sport to watch. The intense battle of indomitable spirits - a massive testosterone fest from guys who could have given up and been spoon fed in a nursing home for the balance of thier lives, but instead decided to really have a crack at life and go beat each other up in pursuit of a ball. It is absolutely a celebration of being a normal red blooded male albeit in a body that doesn't do exactly what you want it to.

JA, I'm not dissing the people involved.

But look at how much coverage it is all getting..... almost none.

You might not like it, but sadly other than people saying 'oh look at those amazing people' and then instantly getting on with their lives, not many people seem to really care.