Must be very proud to be english bag. They have done so well.

British. :rolleyes:

Quite right. Quite right!

England for the commonwealth games. Great Britain for the Olympics and all run by UK Sport. Right, got it.

Awefully sorry ol chap.

Hang on :confused: better knock a couple of medals of the tally because Paddy doesn't come from either England or Great Britain.

Why you getting so worked up about it?

I'm pretty sure most people here couldn't give a crap, to be honest.

I sure couldn't.

I'm not sure I even understand your comment.

Is Ireland included in Team GB or something?

If they are, or aren't, why not post an adjusted medal tally and lets see how it changes.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea as well I reckon.

I can totally understand the perspective of pfft sport, what about interest rates, trade deficit and community health. I get it.  But the reality is that sports investment is way worse than it has b

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2185267/Goodbye-Team-UK-Is-Northern-Ireland-awkward-included-formally.html

Fully explained in the link above with all the political blah-blah...

Basically Northern Irish Athletes have been given the choice to compete either for Team GB or Team Ireland.

Point being perhaps we could send Team Aus Zealand?

I spare a thought for what used to be USSR or the Soviet Union though..

If you combined the medal tally for Russia(21), Ukraine(5), Belarus(3), Uzbekistan(1), Kazakhstan(6), Georgia(1), Azerbaijan(2), Lithuania(1), Moldova(0), Latvia(1), Kirghistan(-), Tajikistan(0), Armenia(0), Turkmenistan(-) and Estonia(0) (which is the old USSR) they would be quite the haul!! Just added it up...41! Which would put them in 2nd place behind the USA.

Time marches on, borders and Olympic team borders in particular, change...it is what it is. ;)

Point being perhaps we could send Team Aus Zealand?

I hardly think I would lose any sleep over that Mamabear.

You might even get a couple more medals! :bumtish:

Hey can you not find a better link than the Daily Mail. Don't support that vile and despicable operation.

Hahaha! ;)

You know I dont care Bags, I am half Brit myself and think it is all good.

Just trying to clarify the point I think Mantas was trying to make, and point out to Mantas that team makeups change over time by giving the USSR example.

Quoting the Daily Mail in no way implys I agree or endorse ... Simply illustrates the point that was being made without me making it all up again.

And the bit you quoted was more of a question to Mantas, as in...was this the point?

Understood.

Linking to the Daily Mail only helps support it, agree with it's poison or not. Not to mention that most of what it prints is either made up or largely incorrect or exaggerated with the sole intention of whipping up some kind of angry fuss.

BMX was fun.

How come you not in there Mick? ;)

I think training wheels might be against the rules, unfair advantage and all that ;)

Yeah, I was all set but the Latvians protested my stabilisers so I decided to go and play with my Scalextric set instead! :D

The aforesaid Latvians went on to win the men's final (Maris Strombergs defending his Beijing title) and Colombia the women's, with both our medal hopes coming in 8th and 6th respectively. Roll on Brazil!

Looking ahead to tonight's closing ceremony, are they really going to wheel Macca out again?? Next you'll be telling me that the Spice Girls are due on!!

I bloody well hope we don't get Macca, but imagine there's a high percentage chance of it happening.

Depends if they can sneak him out of the care home.

They'll be dragging out (Pretend) Queen as well by the looks.

One interesting rumour is that Kate Bush will be there, but it will depend on whether they can drag her away from the pies. I think I'd honestly just remember her in that leotard!

Why you getting so worked up about it?

I'm pretty sure most people here couldn't give a crap, to be honest.

That was the whole point. I certainly don't care how you guys make up an olympic team or how many medals you get or what your official tittle is. English, Brittish, U.K ish......pfft

The Man in Japan must give a crap though, if he felt the need to get out his red marker pen and correct my post.

My original post was a compliment, remember.

Paddy are the rowers from Northern Ireland that won silver and competed for Britain

I'm guessing Man said that kind of with a bit of tongue in cheek.

I certainly don't care how you guys make up an olympic team or how many medals you get.

Fab!

Good for the rowers, congratulations to them. :thumbsup: