It's "Tyson Homosexual" in fourth place... Christian website's automated filter changes name of US sprinter

The website’s automated system ran a story about Tyson Gay qualifying for the Olympics, but ended up calling him “Tyson Homosexual”

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea as well I reckon.

I can totally understand the perspective of pfft sport, what about interest rates, trade deficit and community health. I get it.  But the reality is that sports investment is way worse than it has b

To me Japan doesn't seem to be overly excited about being in the Olympics (not the athletes). The news does a bit on it, but that's what they are there for. Maybe I'm just wrong, but from the handful I've talked to/many that I work with, they just don't seem like they care if they win or lose. Having only 2 gold medals might not help the cause though.

This isn't the first time I've seen this though, I've seen Japan do well in other world events and gotten the same 'meh' responses.

While there may be other issues (money, training, etc), it looks like the athletes are doing their best, but how must if feel having a country support you with a 'meh' attitude?

Just my 2 yennies.

wow, really? I see almost the total opposite.

Maybe it's a location thing then, or just my perception. I see people supporting on the news, but around where I work nobody seems too excited (imo).

Not saying they don't have pride if that's what it sounded like, guess I'm just a typical amped flag waving 'murrican! lol

Very well said there Mamabear, generally.

Stuff the gold

UK going a bit bonkers now with the most gold since a long time ago.

Borderline "calm down please, it's just sporting events".

Not all from the UK? (Being London 2012 an' all?)

That is what I thought at first, but then heard some Madonna and thought "that's a bit cheeky, claiming her for the UK." She did live there for a while, but never took citizenship as far as I know.

Then they played some Beyonce, who as far as I know has no connection to the UK whatsoever, apart from being in a James Bond film once.

So, it doesn't seem to be just British music, but it doesn't seem to be a very representative sampling of world music (which would be the other thing one might expect) either. So, don't understand what the selection criteria are. Maybe just tunes the organizers happen to like?

Very well said there Mamabear, generally.

Stuff the gold

UK going a bit bonkers now with the most gold since a long time ago.

Borderline "calm down please, it's just sporting events".

Indeed.

Britain - twenty something golds and lots of fat people, most worryingly kids.

Japan - two golds, not so many fat people, including kids.

Sometimes you have to pull the camera back a bit.

Since most Japanese golds over the years have come in judo, a minority sport, perhaps the "golds will inspire a new generation blah blah" sentiment doesn't really bear out in reality.

I'm not really understanding what huge effect a country getting golds has.

Other than perhaps a feel-good.

The fat people aren't suddenly going to start cycling/riding horses/rowing (in the case of the UK) after watching this.

Not too many spare horses around either I don't reckon.

Sports is certainly not a bad thing of course, and the effort these guys put into it is admirable (etc) but is the value coming out of it what is put into it.

Not all from the UK? (Being London 2012 an' all?)

That is what I thought at first, but then heard some Madonna and thought "that's a bit cheeky, claiming her for the UK." She did live there for a while, but never took citizenship as far as I know.

Then they played some Beyonce, who as far as I know has no connection to the UK whatsoever, apart from being in a James Bond film once.

So, it doesn't seem to be just British music, but it doesn't seem to be a very representative sampling of world music (which would be the other thing one might expect) either. So, don't understand what the selection criteria are. Maybe just tunes the organizers happen to like?

Sure it's just not showcasing "rubbish music"?

They should play some SMAP!