• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea as well I reckon.

I can totally understand the perspective of pfft sport, what about interest rates, trade deficit and community health. I get it.  But the reality is that sports investment is way worse than it has b

Oh dear, I am posting all in the wrong threads!

Women's football. WHO CARES?!

We need more womens volleyball coverage, that's what matters.

The main problem with women’s football are the constant hold-ups in play while the ref explains the offside rule. Again.

( :bumtish: )

I did see a video where instead of the kazakhstan national anthem they played the spoof version from Borat ... Bloody hilarious to watch, not so funny for the poor athlete. North Korea/South Korea mistake? Flirting with danger England!!

I was furious about the media bullshite over Leisl Jones this week! Yep, she is not a skinny chick. But she is the best athlete for the event, she is a triple gold medalist, this is her 4th Olympics - respect where respect is due. Calling her out for being fat and couching it in terms of 'unprepared' and 'just here for the holiday' is just plain rude. She has gone from pubescent young girl to a woman over her 12 plus years in the Olympic spotlight - comparing her skinny 16 year old body to her now mature figure and asking 'how many pies has Leisl eaten' is just not cricket.

Didn't get up in time to see it.

What the hell did I just watch?

Did Blofeld pop out of the volcano and disrupt things in an attempt to start WWIII again?

(Been a bit worried about that.)

I slept through it all.

Facebook is alive with comments...interestingly the Brits loving the ceremony, Aussies dividied and Americans either confused or unhappy with the lack of usability of the official website.

Have to say the unique lighting of the cauldron was inspiring as was the winged byciclists preceding it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I usually never watch these things because they are pompous nonsense but I somehow felt compelled this time.

For what it was - ie. pompous nonsense - I thought they seemed to do it rather well.

Especially the bonkers brit-like humourous stuff.

Mr Bean, 007, the weather forecast bit and other stuff that non-Brits just simply wouldn't have 'got'.

And that amazing cauldren idea was top stuff.

If enough people complain, perhaps "Relax" will get banned again and never again be played in an Olympics Opening Ceremony in the UK!

There should have been a little bit more of Corrie though, perhaps one of Bettie's hot pots.

I knew those "petals" were going to be something to do with something at the end - it was obvious to my ever-analysing mind - but even I didn't conclue it would be how it turn out.

Serious hat on - that was genuinely brilliant.

Will the flame stay there in the middle of the stadium then?

I quite enjoyed it.

A bit of off-beat and self-depreciating humour is so much better than just flawless sheen.

Olympics seem to be coming down heavy on Mr Bean uploads to youtube.

:wakaranai:

Facebook is alive with comments...

Damn, if only I had magical Facepages, I might have what hundreds (nay, billions!) of people think about it forced on me.

:doh: