2012/13 Who, When, Where? - A Definitive J-List - V2

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have began to cruise through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 2012/13 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if th

Nor-Cal: watch out for the Moghuls!

Hi byhart welcome to the forums. I am very jealous of your itinerarary - sounds great. You will have no problem meeting up with fellow forum shredders in Hakuba - the hakuba crew list at the start of

Only thing I am booking will be a week in Nozawa in mid February.

I will probably get that done after summer, no rush.

Going to be 12th-18th Feb.

Mine is less a 'don't know yet' post and more of a 'oh pooh, bugger, bollocks! I won't be going' post! :(

I have some serious work commitments that mean I won't be likely to be able to extricate myself from Perth from Dec - April.

Grrrr!!! I had plans for a Honshu roadie with Panhead Pete!

IF I can sneak a window of opportunity I will do my best to duck over, even if only for a few days.

Cub#2 is hoping to do the season in Niseko.

Cub#4 is heading to either Shiga or Myoko Kogen in mid Feb doing some training with his team ahead of heading to Ufa, Russia, for the International Children's Winter Games. Papabear will be accompanying him.

Devo I will miss out on that trip!!

Shiga Kogen is definitely on my bucket list.

Bummer MB missing a Japow winter though I seem recall a similar story last year and you still managed to get over.

More delegation needed at work!! Though I guess with MB away with #4 it might be harder. That cub must be so excited to be heading to an exaotic place like Russia, not to mention PB

BTW where is Panhead Pete - have not heard from him for ages. I think his folks live over here somewhere near me.

Pete's in tropical QLD these days, but planning a big Japow tour Jan/Feb 2013. Lots of little skijo's - I would have dearly loved to join in on that. Off the beaten track so to speak. PB would have loved it also. He gets bored with same same all the time.

Little Cub is rather excited yes, but it's the whole staying in the 'athletes village' hitting on the 14yr old Swiss chicks he is most excited about. :D PB was in Moscow recently on a water polo trip, but is keen to visit the ski areas - he has already made friends with a guy in Russia who owns a chalet in Sochi that we have been promised to use the year AFTER the Olympics (quiet, yet new infrastructure), and will be back there in July 2013 with #2 for Polo...maybe he should get a frequent flyer visa for Russia!! ;)

Sadly delegation will not save the day this time. Buck stops with me. It is a short term contract though. Someone's gotta stay behind and earn the cashola to bankroll the kids ;). This time it is me. However you are right...where there is a way I shall find it and be on a plane Tokyo bound. As we get closer to the time I may find a week that I can escape, and if #2 is in Niseko then I wouldn't even mind going solo.

all booked! Niseko from the 19th -29th of January '13. Staying at The Vale.

To say I'm excited is an understatement, it's been 4 years since I'd skiied Japan (which was Hakuba)

Booked and paid for - Depart Oz 27 Dec, a week tripping around, then Myoko Kogen from Jan 6-13.

3 of us, having a wander up the East and back down the West coast to Myoko.

Thanks guys and gals

List updated today - See it on page 1 - The quickest way to get there is to go to the top of this page and click the << arrow just under my avatar

Putting together some ideas for a trip now.

I have 2 weeks I can take in February so it will be sometime in there.

Earlier better you think?

Still trying to choose a general area.

Fun thinking about it though, difficult to make a choice!