2012/13 Who, When, Where? - A Definitive J-List - V2

I'm based just outside Sapporo and will get the K Winter Pass again this year.

Teine is my regular haunt, with occasional trips to Rusutsu/Niseko, and also up to Kamui and Ashidake/Kurodake.

What is the k winter pass? I am going to all those spots you mentioned.

Its a season pass covering 5 ski jos; Teine, Nakayama Touge, Rusutsu, Sahoro and Mt Racey. Not super cheap at 7 man, but works out at good value if you're riding all season. Nakayama generally opens mid Nov and both Nakayama and Teine close at the end of Golden Week, snow permitting.

Info here in Japanese, but you can stick it through an online translator and get the gist of it.

http://www.kamori.co.jp/kwp/

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have began to cruise through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 2012/13 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if th

Nor-Cal: watch out for the Moghuls!

Hi byhart welcome to the forums. I am very jealous of your itinerarary - sounds great. You will have no problem meeting up with fellow forum shredders in Hakuba - the hakuba crew list at the start of

• SnowJapan Admin

If they don't get back to you let me know, they are good friends.

(The same applies for any hotel on our site btw)

Cool thanks for that, probaly not worth it for me for 6 weeks though.

how many days are you intending on riding? using 5k as a rough guide price for a lift ticket, you'd only have to ride 14 days to get your money's worth

how many days are you intending on riding? using 5k as a rough guide price for a lift ticket, you'd only have to ride 14 days to get your money's worth

I thought it said JPY140,000 on the website. I will definately do more than 14 days at kamori resorts.

I thought it said JPY140,000 on the website. I will definately do more than 14 days at kamori resorts.

dunno what the website says, but MagSeven said it cost 7 man.......70,000¥

had another look and got my mrs to check it too.......you can buy the standard ticket for 7 man. The premium ticket is 14 man but all this gives you is extra money off friends lift tickets, you get 30% off 3 peoples tickets as opposed to 20% with the standard ticket. It also gives you some other perks like being able to use lockers, parking and the onsen for free. The standard ticket doesn't have these perks BUT you can still buy it and just use it for riding

Yeah, its 70k for the standard K Pass. The Gold and Premium levels of pass really aren't worth the extra cash! You get lockers, entry to a special lounge in a few lodges, and a nice parking spot in the carpark. Plus yeah, some discounts for friends etc. But its alot more cash, for not much extra benefit!

Primarily the Shiribeshi area of Hokkaido - Niseko Resort Area, Moiwa, Chisenupuri, Rusutsu, Kiroro, Sapporo Kokusai, and hopefully for the first time Teine - from mid-November through to mid-April.

Also hope to visit the central Hokkaido ski areas of Sahoro, Furano, Asahidake, Kurodake, Tokachidake (backcountry).

And if the weather plays ball the island of Rishiri.

Big winter planned.

I see that Niseko still gets snow in April/May, anyone think a trip would be worth it late April/early May though? (from Tokyo). I figure that's the last place to catch some snow in Japan at that time, lol.

....... and hopefully for the first time Teine

Mike give me a shout when you do hit Teine! (Top tip - Teine is often quieter at the weekend, as there are so many school groups that go there on weekdays! This may be even more true for 2012/13 now that Onze has closed for good.)

....... and hopefully for the first time Teine

Mike give me a shout when you do hit Teine! (Top tip - Teine is often quieter at the weekend, as there are so many school groups that go there on weekdays! This may be even more true for 2012/13 now that Onze has closed for good.)

Thanks. Will do.

I've got 2 weeks booked off work in February.

I hope to get down to Honshu and check our some of the delights there, but as with others it won't be a while until that plan blossoms into something properly juicy.

So I fired off an email to Rusutsu Resort regarding the K winter pass and got this very promt, helpful reply.

Dear Mr V.B. Wang,

Thank you for your inquiry about the K-Winter Season pass.

The Season pass offered by Kamori Kanko Co., Ltd. provides special access to services including ski lift tickets and other special offers

available by presenting KWP (K-Winter Pass) at 5 different ski areas within Hokkaido.

i.e. Rusutsu Resort, Sahoro Resort, Sapporo Teine, Mount Racey Ski Area and Nakayama Ski Area

Details for the KWP 2012-13 can be found on the Kamori Kanko website (http://www.kamori.co.jp/kwp/).

Please note the site is written in Japanese and the online purchase system can only be processed within Japan.

If you would like to purchase a season pass in advance from overseas, special arrangements shall be made as below:

1)
You will be requested to pay the full amount into our bank account via direct bank transfer.
OR

2) Reserve a pass by paying a deposit of 10,000yen via bank transfer.

3) Your season pass will be arranged for your pick-up at Rusutsu Resort.

If you arrive before the Early Bird discount finishes you can make the payment directly at the resort.

However, if you arrive after this date you will need to pay in advance in order to ensure you receive the discount.

For your reference, prices in Japanese Yen for adults are as shown below:

Premium / Gold / Standard

Early Bird:

(Until 10 Nov 2012) 140,000 / 80,000 / 70,000

Normal Rate:

(on/after 11 Nov 2012) 148,000 / 103,000 / 83,000

Repeater Discount (5%):

(Until 10 Nov 2012) 133,000 / 76,000 / 66,500

Repeater Discount (5%):

(on/after 11 Nov 2012) 140,600 / 97,850 / 78,850

Special benefits:

1) Premium card member:

*Privileged parking spot

*Free locker

*Lift ticket discount (30% discount offered to 3 companions)

*Rental discount (30% discount offered to the member and 2 companions)

*Lesson discount (30% discount offered to the member and 2 companions)

*Free admission to Hot Springs/bath house at Rusutsu Resort, Sahoro Resort, Yubari Resort (does not include Hot Springs tax)

*Free admission for member and 1 companion to the K-Lounge (Rusutsu Resort, Sapporo Teine, Sahoro Resort)

*Special accommodation package offer at Rusutsu Resort, Sahoro Resort, Yubari Resort

2) Gold card member:

*Privileged parking

*Free locker

*Lift ticket discount (20% discount offered to 3 companions)

*Rental discount (10% discount offered to the member and 2 companions)

*Lesson discount (20% discount offered to the member and 10% discount offered to 2 companions)

*50% discount for admission to Hot Springs/bath house at Rusutsu Resort, Sahoro Resort, Yubari Resort (does not include Hot Springs tax)

*Special rate (50% discount offered to the member and 1 companion) for admission to K-Lounge (Rusutsu Resort, Sapporo Teine, Sahoro Resort)

*Special accommodation package offer at Rusutsu Resort, Sahoro Resort, Yubari Resort

3) Standard member:

*Lift ticket discount (20% discount offered to 3 companions)

*Rental discount (10% discount offered to the member and 2 companions)

*Lesson discount (20% discount offered to the member and 10% discount offered to 2 companions)

*Special accommodation package offered at Rusutsu Resort, Sahoro Resort, Yubari Resort

For any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Mei Ling Minamiyama

Kamori Kanko Co., Ltd.

Tel: +81-11-2005182

Fax: +81-11-2516529

No worries Mike.

For my 6 weeks roaming Hokkaido the early bird 70,000 yen pass cant be ignored. Rusutsu, Teine and Nakayama are all local enough to each other and Mt Racey and Sohoro can be access on the way up to Asahidake and Kurodake ropeways.

Well Planing my trip now

I like to spend a month in Japan. (Feb)

where and how I am nutting it out but I want to plan and start paying for it early...