2012/13 Who, When, Where? - A Definitive J-List - V2

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have began to cruise through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 2012/13 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if th

Nor-Cal: watch out for the Moghuls!

Hi byhart welcome to the forums. I am very jealous of your itinerarary - sounds great. You will have no problem meeting up with fellow forum shredders in Hakuba - the hakuba crew list at the start of

Not too sure on details yet kokodoko, thinking of just checking Sapporo out before we head out to Rusutsu, but maybe a day at Teine would be good. Not too sure, but maybe a day trip to Niseko from Rusutsu is on the cards, I think I owe you a beer still :cheers:

okey dokey

I'm hoping to get out most wanted weekends this winter. This season I'll be going to Gifu, Fukui, Nagano and Niigata(maybe). If I can get a car and there is a base somewhere I'll be starting from mid December.

Not too sure on details yet kokodoko, thinking of just checking Sapporo out before we head out to Rusutsu, but maybe a day at Teine would be good. Not too sure, but maybe a day trip to Niseko from Rusutsu is on the cards, I think I owe you a beer still :cheers:

okey dokey

Just remember ... there are witnesses to that!

Niseko Dec 20- Jan 4

Niseko Jan 10 - Jan 19

Asahikawa Jan 20 - 25

Niseko Jan 26 - 31

Niseko Feb 14 - 23

Niseko Mar 18 - 22

booked so far

While in Niseko will also hit up Rusutsu/ and surrounding areas.

Sand, I'll be in Rusutsu from the 26th to the 29th if you wanna get some pow lines together again. I'll be with the mrs but I'll pack her off to the onsen and go for some pow turns with u

@ Poached Egg, I find Niseko to be a good base, I also love the night skiing, especially off the groomed trails.

It is also a good place to base myself, being that my financial resources are somewhat limited, compare with a lot of other people who enjoy sliding around in the snow. I can get cheap accomo, and meet many other similar ski bums. The slack country is pretty nice as well.

Sure, it isn't as steep as other places but the amount of snow that can fall is fantastic.

@ Tubby, sounds good I will be with 3 boarders who are in Jp for the first time for boarding.

Edit: they've boardered before (they have lived in Queenstown for several years), but first time to board in Jp

are you going to niseko ? or Where are you going to ski in sapporo? Teine sounds good.

Hey Kokodoko, We now are arriving in Sapporo 31st Dec and heading out to Rusutsu early on the 1st of Jan, so we won't be riding any of the Sapporo resorts. If I can figure out an easy way for a day trip from Rusutsu to Niseko, then I will probably come across to Niseko for a day. Anyone know of any transport options that aren't too expensive?

Are you keen for a day at Rusutsu sometime between the 1st - 10th of Jan?

are you going to niseko ? or Where are you going to ski in sapporo? Teine sounds good.

Hey Kokodoko, We now are arriving in Sapporo 31st Dec and heading out to Rusutsu early on the 1st of Jan, so we won't be riding any of the Sapporo resorts. If I can figure out an easy way for a day trip from Rusutsu to Niseko, then I will probably come across to Niseko for a day. Anyone know of any transport options that aren't too expensive?

Are you keen for a day at Rusutsu sometime between the 1st - 10th of Jan?

We shall see. It will depend on my budget. Will let you know closer to the event.

No worries Kokodoko.

Anyone got any suggestions about transport for a day trip from Rusutsu to Niseko?

there are several companies (eg NGS) that run day trip busses from niseko welcome center to rusutsu, and also do the reverse i think too? the price often includes lift ticket

off the top of my head NGS cost 6800.

List updated today lots of new ones - See it on page 1 - The quickest way to get there is to go to the top of this page and click the << arrow just under my avatar

Hope you can use this to hook up and have a slide and a beer with fellow SJ'ers.

Don't forget to post your dates when you have them.

Thanks to new posters and up-daters (ooh that sounds a bit rude) - alexeiw123, iiyamadude, Surfarthur, anything, mudguts, Kansaiash, Sand, & scree

Myoko Kogen

Grommet Bear - Staying in Myoko but I can not reveal the exact location as you lot may wan't to meet up and lead the youngster astray which would be be fatal (for you) if word got back to the protective and fierce Mama Bear.

Perth

Mama Bear - season

:lol:

Funny, re the grommet bear.

Actually Grommet Bear (13) and Papa Bear will be there together, doing 5 days of training with the squad before heading to Ufa, Russia to compete. (mid Feb, not sure of exact dates). I'm sure PB would be up for a biru with others.

And....Mama Bear might actually be getting out of Perth after all!!!!

If I go, it'll be Niseko, and a fairly short trip. No flights booked yet.

Some big news in the Bear Cave - lets just say accomodation is no longer a problem ;)

Myoko Kogen

Grommet Bear - Staying in Myoko but I can not reveal the exact location as you lot may wan't to meet up and lead the youngster astray which would be be fatal (for you) if word got back to the protective and fierce Mama Bear.

Perth

Mama Bear - season

:lol:

Funny, re the grommet bear.

Actually Grommet Bear (13) and Papa Bear will be there together, doing 5 days of training with the squad before heading to Ufa, Russia to compete. (mid Feb, not sure of exact dates). I'm sure PB would be up for a biru with others.

And....Mama Bear might actually be getting out of Perth after all!!!!

If I go, it'll be Niseko, and a fairly short trip. No flights booked yet.

Some big news in the Bear Cave - lets just say accomodation is no longer a problem ;)

S,oooo you are buying a Niseko condo and when not using it will rent it out at very reasonable rates to fellow SJ'ers, especially the ones from QLD?