2012/13 Who, When, Where? - A Definitive J-List - V2

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have began to cruise through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 2012/13 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if th

Nor-Cal: watch out for the Moghuls!

Hi byhart welcome to the forums. I am very jealous of your itinerarary - sounds great. You will have no problem meeting up with fellow forum shredders in Hakuba - the hakuba crew list at the start of

Hey, snowjunky! I just had a look and i see THIS! ...

The Venerable JA - 6/1-13/1

What you mean? Venerable?? Not THAT old yet!

Oh! - Did I say Venerable? - Sorry

I meant Vegetable...............damn that auto-complete :happyshades:

At least it didn't go to Venereal! That might have been painful (for you!) :omg:

Fly into to Tokyo on the 20th of November and looks like i'll be at Hakuba for the entire season. Then backpacking around Europe for 3 months.

So far traveling solo so would be keen to meet up with some fellow shredders. I'll be looking for a job between now and when I go and have a phone interview in about two hours for 'White Horse' in Echo land.

Exciting times

You will love it at White Horse.

Awesome place, great location, close access to all the Hakuba hills, and a good community vibe gets going amongst the staff and customers.

Have an AWESOME time!

Living the dream. :D

I need to access the collective knowledge of SJers for info gathering on sons destination.

Not because I am going, or worried... Just because I am Nosey and like to know the ins and outs of everything!

He will be heading to Myoko Kogen in mid Feb, working closely with the ski school there to train the Aussie Squad heading to the International Children's Winter Games in Ufa, Russia. Staying at Akakura Kanko Hotel while at Myoko Kogen.

Wowsers!! - Akakura Kanko hotel - That is the premier accommodation in Myoko. True ski in ski out situated halfway up the mountain. The favourite haunt of many Japanes royals.

I have lunched there a few times but not stayed there as it is quite remote from the village eateries and bars - not that that will concern the young hotties. I am sure he will have a ball

Apart from that it is expensive for us mere mortals on an extended stay.

I will pm you a link to their site

Myoko is fabulous! He'll have an absolute blast!

The hotel is halfway up the mountain (or halfway down, depending on your start point, I guess!)

There's a heap of eateries worthy of trying, and quite a few places to get paralytic (but you possibly don't want to know about that!)

Wow!

I am surprised they are sticking the kids into such a fabulous hotel, especially as the Tokyo overnighter is at the less than fabulous Shiba Park ;). Thanks for the link SnowJunky.

Not sure the kids will be getting paralytic JA, it's the youngest bearcub.

All the participants are 14, 13 or 12 yrs of age

Bit jealous (well a LOT jealous really) that I have to work.

What happens in Japow stays in Japow?

They'll still have a blast!

PM coming ... prolly after I get back, with details etc.

But ... he MUST get a "big 4" ticket and get around to the other skijo for a bit!

Wow!

I am surprised they are sticking the kids into such a fabulous hotel, especially as the Tokyo overnighter is at the less than fabulous Shiba Park ;). Thanks for the link SnowJunky.

work MB? work?

I've seen how much work you have been doing over the last 3 months dammit!!

Wow!

work MB? work?

I've seen how much work you have been doing over the last 3 months dammit!!

:D Time to pay the piper G ;)

Actually I am sure they would have done a deal as our 8 boys plus staff plus parents are only 1/3 of the squad...would have stitched up some kind of group booking for sure.

List updated today - See it on page 1 - The quickest way to get there is to go to the top of this page and click the << arrow just under my avatar

I will be in hokkaido from jan 21 till march 3. No fixed address.

Just thought i would mention that you can get a Spring pass for Furano that starts from Feb 1. I think it costs roughly 3man. fyi.

As for me I am going to Niseko this year from 22nd December to 16th March.

See you there.

:bestsnow: