you should try it being a noob boarder....all sorts of craziness!! :lol:

I was once caught between the chair and the snow and dragged around the wheel until the lifty cut the power then had to untangle me from the chair! :D

Some of those are classic, though I'd have to agree with TB - they're a nightmare when learning to ride!! In fact I still have at least one embarrassing dismount every winter! :angry:

I had an awesome one this weekend.

Boarder son swaps to skiing, and goes up the special slow moving beginner lift to the beginner slope to test out his fancy new equipment.

I go with, for the company.

When we get to the top the liftie lass looks at us like we are 5 and asks if we know how to get off.

We both laughed and I said "I do, but it's his first time" - well...technically it was...

She starts to give him instructions while he laughs and says "nah she's just kidding we are alright, cheers"

We get off, all is fine.

I change the pressure through the board to turn and realize my new shiny slippery board does not have a stomp pad and I have not accounted for this. Right foot flies forward like I am Bruce Lee, and I end up firmly on my arse.

Of course in the background I hear "whose the n00b retard now, Mum?!" as the cocky little git skis off perfectly.

omigod that is hilarious! was only able to watch about half of it cause i can't hold back the laughter (at work)!!!

a few of the people there look quite Japanese.

I love the one where the people stayed on the lift after the people in front went down! and the one where the guy is hanging onto the lift for dear life!

I hate T-bars and Rope Tows with a passion
Boarder! ;)

Ditto.

I was grumbling the other day 'rather not go there, too many t bars' and Papabear just rolled his eyes and said 'FIFTEEN successful t bar rides in one day ....remember that?!'. Somehow that memory pales into comparison with the embarrassment of the other days where the the t bar ate me up and spat me out!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate T-Bars as well. Usually they are on poxy runs but you need to use them to get back to somewhere, and right at that moment of time, you start losing all balance and your knees start playing up.

I've used them enough times with success, but the thought of stuffing up and having to beat up a smarmy skiier who's mouthing off fills me with trepidation.

I think they will always make me tremble with fear, but having just returned in the wee hours of the morning from a couple of weeks in the Aussie Snowy's I am proud to say I was not claimed by a single t bar. Victory was mine on this occassion.