• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't have actually let the guy travel like that.

I think I know what happened here.

I reckon he is seated in aisle and middle seats behind his current position, but windw seat person got up to go to the loo.

He has just perched on the vacant seat, row in front waiting for them to come back....

Seems more logical than sitting wedgied on the arm rest obstructing all forward and backward traffic fr the enter flight.

Not as shocking though..

haha maybe it was me!!! :lol: When I was backpacking, my shoes got pretty whiffy and when I took em off on the plane or overnight train, you could definitely smell them. I also once made the mistake of wearing a football strip on the flight from London to Tokyo.......the material sucks sweat out of you and holds it......meant that I was probably a little whiffy to the guy next to me....mind you he had bad breath so I guess we cancelled each other out! :D

Horror Flight

I was on a flight from Heathrow to Hong Kong with my wife in the window seat, me in the middle and Mr six feet two, 130 kilo stranger on the aisle.

As you do when you first get seated I asked the stranger was he heading home or off on holiday, he turned to me and replied pleasantly with the worst most foul breath you could imagine - like he had swallowed a dead rat.

Any way I attempted to stifle the conversation by only giving one word answers or grunts.

My wife who is naturally chatty (it's in the breeding) then engages him in a long conversation despite my pokes in the ribs and stomping her foot. Of course he partly leans across me to reply to her so his manky rat breath is even closer - Noooooooooooooooo!!.

I had no alternative, I put my arm lovingly around her shoulder and pulled her closer towards Harry Halatosis.

She couldn't help herself - she blurted out "Oh Fark!!" and shrunk back in her seat while I did the same mumbling to my self "only 12 hours to Honkers'.

Fortunately after take off his last words to us were "good night I am taking my sleeping pill now" - and within 1 minute was out to it ...............................until the moment the unfasten seatbelts sign came on as we stopped in front of Honkers terminal

He did not move a muscle during the whole flight except for his dead rat snoring

To make matters worse we both had to clamber over his inert stinky form to go to the loo - I suspect wifey might have had a chunder in the loo after that.

Bad one :sadface: !

I once had similar seating NRT-SFO with a guy who'd had far too many beans for breakfast, but fortuantely it was an exit row so didn't have toclamber over or (god forbid!) ask him to shift.

:veryshocked:

Luck of the draw on a plane.

Always find it quite amusing how lots of people can sit next to someone, (almost) touching them, for 11 hours and not utter a word.

Funnily enough Harry Halatosis has met many people like that :)

Best one we ever had was a fellow out of Singapore going to CDG Paris.

He was not sitting near us, and the family of 6 has two window rows of 3 - no spare seats but no chance of a Harry Halitosis that wasn't a family member. This guy was doing the meerkat thing from before take off. Popping his head up and looking around constantly - scoping for spare seats. Even before the seatbelt light was off he was off and racing - popped himself in the row two in front of us in the centre of the plane (a 4 seat config) and laid out across all 4 seats with an eye mask, blanket and pillow and promptly went to sleep.

I always wonder why some people feel entitled to grab 4 seats in the seat shuffle instead of just 2 and cut a couple of other people a break too, but that is a different story...

This guy FARTED...the entire way from Singapore to Paris. And it was rancid. Something died up there!

On the first one I gave my kids the look...and said "that wasn't you was it?". No Mum...but it stinks!!

It took about 10 episodes of fumigation before we worked out who it was. The entire section of the plane was looking around quizzically to others trying to work it out. Once you knew it was clear, he got noisier and more frequent as the flight went on.

Gross.

Funny flight last night.

#2 son and I were headed back from Canberra after a weekend on snow and had 2 of 3 seats. As we always say in this situation "Dare to Dream" (that it remains that way with a spare seat in between us for the flight). I spotted this guy coming down the aisle toward us, and pointed him out to the son. Must have been 6ft 8 and built like a Sherman tank, looked like a nice enough guy, but you know sitting next to him is going to be fun...

Anyhow, he went past to an empty row, but a few people behind him was a young couple, and they were window and center in his row. The guy said loudly said "oh my God, you have got to be kidding! Honey, you are sitting next to him, I am on the window". Poor guy must have felt terrible, and I bet he gets it all the time. Not an ounce of fat on him, but the guy was MASSIVE. Thankfully the only row on the entire plane with just one window seat taken was right in front of him so he got up and moved after take off.

Still remain a firm believer in providing a couple of rows of large seats for large people in economy at an economy price.

You seem to be on flights every few weeks Mamabear! Or am I just imagining that?
Nah...that's about right...

Either me or PB.

But with frequency such as this we are confirmed cattle class passengers. Upgrading would bankrupt us. Hence an avid interest in this topic.