• SnowJapan Admin

Quite note here to let you know if you haven't already noticed that we will be moving tomorrow.

We'll keep you posted with updates on how Bob (the tech dude) is doing when the Forums are closed.

More info here:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21856-forums-maintenance-this-week/

• SnowJapan Admin

Not fun times at all!

Yes, we moved last year but what we are doing now has always been part of a bigger 'master plan' (one that also includes secret mountain lairs and other cool stuff).

Hopefully... hopefully... once we are all moved, we won't be doing it again for quite a while.

The main site will be on a different home as well later in the year, but that will hopefully be a very simple 'move'.

:friend:

• SnowJapan Admin

OK we have started this now so the Forums will be turned off in due course.

Hopefully there won't be too much disruption.

Have a fun weekend!

• SnowJapan Admin

Welcome to our new home. If you are reading this, it means you have made it.

We are still making some adjustments and checking over everything, so let us know if you find anything not quite right.

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Admin

The offline was all overnight (Japan time anyway).

Trying to keep any downtime to a minimum.

It will take a while for everyone visiting the domain name to come here rather than the old location - perhaps until tomorrow for a 100% transition.

Once your browser gets a few caches going and used to this new location you should notice an increase in responsiveness as well. Hopefully.

• SnowJapan Admin

Once your browser gets a few caches going and used to this new location you should notice an increase in responsiveness as well. Hopefully.

Bob told me to update that.

Not only your browser, but also our new server. It learns about popular pages and sticks them in a special place for easy access, so as the forums settle down in their new home this will gradually become more effective.

Or..... something like that!

Well, I go away for a few days and you go and move..........was it something I said?

It's very traumatic for me and brings back memories of when mum and dad used to move when i went away to summer camp. :sadface:

• SnowJapan Admin

Haha. We have moved to a better place, though, snowjunky. Much better. Honest.

Hope you had a fun trip wherever it was!

Thanks Sj David, where i went was very much removed from snow being the top end of the Northern territory in OZ - crocodiles and amazing sceneary . Got some good pics annd when I get time will posst to O/S travel section

• SnowJapan Admin

Actually, surfarthur, you can still see that:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/about/snowjapanforums.html

Not many updates to make this time though, but he's there! As is Hilary, and someone having a good moan. ;)

Lots of people still seeing the "old" server (including us when we don't change the host settings on computers here - OCN seem to take forever to update these things), so not all done yet. Can't make any updates to that page right now though because we are busy with the connection. One more update to go up there in a few hours though just to complete it.

• SnowJapan Admin

It's funny how it works.

surfarthur and a few others were directed to the new location within 5 minutes of us changing the settings of the domain name.

Lots still not being forwarded here 5 hours later.

Interesting.

• SnowJapan Admin

We still don't have everyone coming over to the new location yet, still a fair few seeing "old".

Nothing we can do about that I'm afraid.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend everyone will be up to date.

The move itself it has been a rather smooth process, quite happy about that!

• SnowJapan Admin

The server move story isn't quite finished.

We are in the process of moving some other stuff around - you probably won't notice any difference, but if you send us an email in the next few hours it might get lost in cyberspace somewhere.

So if there's anything urgent please PM me here or leave the email until tomorrow to be safe.

Nearly done!

Thanks.