Anyone on here been to Russia? My cousin went ages back when it was less easy to get in there, sounded really fascinating.

I have always wondered about the is it in Europe or Asia thing and after hearing about them in the first game of Euro 2012 found this:

Russia is both in Europe and Asia. Most of it lies in Asia but more people live in the European part.

Western or Central Russia is in Europe,

40% of Russia is in Europe.

Russia's biggest cities Moscow and St Petersburg are both in Europe.

Russians living in the western Asian part don't consider themselves Asian. .

Culturally, Russia is European, but most of the country is in Asia.

So they can be in Europe when they want to be and Asia when they want to be. Cool!

PB has been home from Russia for less than a week.

Was in Moscow and Moscow Region. Amazing!!

It was a bustling metropopolis in the city, bigger than New York.

He visited the Kremlin (which is not so much a building but a walled area of many buildings), Red Square, Gorky Park, etc etc.

And bought tickets to Giselle at the Bolshoi from a scalper outside the theatre.

Past the city heading a few hours out there are lots of apartment style same same buildings for housing, it becomes more like what you would expect from the old communist block.

He loved it.

Good people, good food, something different each night...the flavours of both Europe and Asia.

I spent a lot of time in Russia in the early 2000's. I had to open an office there and recruit staff.

It was like the wild west! All mafia controlled. Luckily I had a good expense account.

And I will never fly Aeroflot again!

Big place, but I would really like to visit Russia, sure it would be an interesting place to check out.

Not for the women or vodka of course. ;)

Expense account sounds good!