• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great idea  

No im not guessing!!!!! The trouble is we have two systems pushing against each other making it difficult to know exactly what will happen. But what I forecast more than 10 days ago came right yester

I suppose everyone will have a different idea of what loads is.

I thought 250,000 yen a month was loads when I first came here. I laugh incredulously in the face of that pitiful amount now.

It depends on your lifestyle, would I like to earn 500k a month? Yeah, sure.......do I wanna work 70 hour weeks in a crappy office to get it....no. I've a very good life balance at the mo and until little beaver's are starting to pad about I'm comfortable, if not wholly satisfied, living within my salary.......I enjoy having a lot of free time at the mo

I suppose everyone will have a different idea of what loads is.

I thought 250,000 yen a month was loads when I first came here. I laugh incredulously in the face of that pitiful amount now.

It depends on your lifestyle, would I like to earn 500k a month? Yeah, sure.......do I wanna work 70 hour weeks in a crappy office to get it....no. I've a very good life balance at the mo and until little beaver's are starting to pad about I'm comfortable, if not wholly satisfied, living within my salary.......I enjoy having a lot of free time at the mo

Just out of interest, is it an easy thing to simply step it up when little beavers start to pad about?

Good for you if it is!

:)

its maybe not the easiest, but I can always pick up more teaching jobs that are out there. Back in March I was told I was only getting a part time contract from the school I was at last year, I was devastated. I had a whinge on here about it, it was coming at a real shitty time with my wedding looming but I've picked up more work thats covered MOST of the shortfall and I only need to work 3 days a week now instead of 5. I've more work starting after summer that should see the rest of it covered and still means that my working hours are well down on last years full time contract. For me, thats a winning situation. Hence my comment that while I'm comfortable in my salary at the mo, I'm not 100% happy.......I can always use more money.

GG if thats what you have then kudos to you, because most people spend their whole life trying to find that perfect balance :thumbsup:

Well that's just getting a salary throughout the year isn't it.

Feels good if you don't work for big chunks of time though, I suppose!

so whats the diff with getting paid holidays? :confused: I get the same salary whether I'm working or not......sounds like I'm getting paid to be off for me.

Can you take as many holidays as you want? Or is there a limit to the number of holiday you get?

Presuming that it's the latter, then the employer is surely paying you for the amount of working time, spread evenly over 12 months. Time off at any point in that period or not.

Presumably if you worked more during the period, then you would be paid more.

I'm restricted by the school calendar, so this year it would be possible for them to ask me to work on say a monday and I get extra pay for it as my contract is only for tues, wed and thurs, but last year I was full time and I couldn't work any more than I was as I was restricted by the school calendar. My holidays are also those of the school

GG if thats what you have then kudos to you, because most people spend their whole life trying to find that perfect balance :thumbsup:

Oh I didn't say I had attained such a thing to my satisfaction.

;)

haha......of course its a dream of mines.......I have half sorted....now just need some mug reasonable employer to quadruple my wage and let me work the same hours!

I think the point being - most people on a regular salary 'get paid during their holidays' if you want to think of it like that.

Don't mean they are literally getting paid for doing sod all.

It's just the salary divvied up for the year.

Unfortunately!

:doh: