• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out all the weird saddos in the crowd.   This whole thing is almost....scary.

I want to hear what all their policies are on things like the economy, world peace, and cute little animals.

And of course it goes without saying it will be tough to know who to vote for re: best singing ability. They're all so bloody good.

Gripping stuff!

Wonder who'll win.

haha nice thread ;)

we still haven't changed it...but I won't be staying up to see who's number 1 lol

Got home late last night to find the wife watching the election.

If only people cared about politics and policies as much as the akb48 election...

You don't know?!

Well first off surely you know about AKB 48...... musicians, poets, lyricists, singers. They can dance too.

As they are all so talented, they need erections to pick a leader.

I prefer the Korean girl groups if I had to choose. Less "kawaii" and more grown up. Can't stand the pervy school kid cut kind of thing going on with most Japanese girl "groups" like this.

And that's only one of their many wonderfully-crafted songs. :veryshocked:

Here's another one. Note the music. It's almost impossible to believe it's the same group, such is the variety on display!

I particularly like the authentic "brass" sounds they have going in some of their songs.

Can you imagine the Beatles doing electro-house-something-dub? No, neither can I. These AKB girls sure take their artistic chances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhMjzfg6-k

If I owned a company that made bananas, I would add "ba" to the beginning of that song and voila have my next marketing campaign wrapped up.

(If they let me use the song for free of course. Not much money in marketing bananas).

Dub:

Dub is a genre of music which grew out of reggae music in the 1960s, and is commonly considered a subgenre, though it has developed to extend beyond the scope of reggae. Music in this genre consists predominantly of instrumental remixes of existing recordings and is achieved by significantly manipulating and reshaping the recordings, usually by removing the vocals from an existing music piece, emphasizing the drum and bass parts (this stripped down track is sometimes referred to as a 'riddim'). Other techniques include dynamically adding extensive echo, reverb, panoramic delay, and occasional dubbing of vocal or instrumental snippets from the original version or other works.

Ah dub!

I don't know much about it to be honest but some of my favorite remixes have that in the name.

I was just listening to some old DM remixes last night and rediscovered some of the classic Violator-era ones.

They were just so good, it's sad compared with the utter dross they churn out now as "remixes".

Used to and still do love this one,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPvIiOAKgAo

Class.

Come back Francois Kevorkian, I say!

Na...they're all married, fat with 2.5 kids. Well, maybe not fat. ;)

My daughter insisted on watching the election. I even missed Close-up Gendai. The sacrifices I make....... Nope, wasn't interested in the least.... :grandpa: ;) .

It was almost as interesting to see all the saddo-s there as the action itself.

Some hearfelt speeches though.

I missed a few. Did any come up with solutions to "Fukushima" or the financial crisis?