Perisher was the first resort to open this year, opening a week ahead of schedule after a "dump" of 35 cm and good snowmaking conditions.

To be fair we really don't get decent falls untill July /August.

At the moment just beginner area Front Valley open.

Xfront.jpg

More snow hopefully over the weekend and into next week. As much as I hate front valley I find myself wanting to go down for a look but I will wait till a bit more of the mountain is opened

May have to check out the NSW resorts this year, living in Melbourne I usually head to Hotham or falls, and a few day trips to Buller but its always over crowded and not worth the lift ticket.

I'm skipping Australia this year... My mates and I drove down to Hotham last year, and for 3 days boarding, it cost me about $2000. Flights and 18 days accommodation in Japan (including 7 on the snow) for the same price...

hah ! what you say makes sense Sciclone and I tell my self the exact same thing every year, but around August I get the shakes real bad and have to get a fix.

Last August I did two weeks in Wanaka & Treble cone way cheaper than Oz including flights. In Enzed you can go for the Juicy car rentals deal where you hire a Juicy el-cheapo car for 35 -40 $ a day and get a free TC lift ticket for every day of hire.

It's a sno brainer with lift Tickets around $90 normally. Details here http://www.jucy.co.nz/

$700 freedom pass for me at perisher, camping in my newly built sleeper cab on the back of my ute, its only going to cost me petrol money this year.

$700 freedom pass for me at perisher, camping in my newly built sleeper cab on the back of my ute, its only going to cost me petrol money this year.
That be chilly!!!!!!

Brit-gob, I think the reference is sarcastically pointing out that there is not a lot of on mountain ski in ski out accomodation in NZ. It is mostly town accomodation off the hill, with a big drive every morning and evening.

Not sure how many days, or trips I will get to make in reality...stuff just keeps changing all the time around my place. But I do have a Thredbo Season Pass ready to roll, and one week booked at the end of August, here's hoping for lots before then!

That be chilly!!!!!!

Far from it. Its very well insulated and heated.