Been using mine for about 70 days now I suppose.

Great for trees. It will save you a lot of cuts from branches or at least a displaced hat.

You'll also never have to scramble about for your googles after a wipeout.

Getting tonked by the safety bar on a lift doesn't hurt either.

It can be a bit hot though. I get sweaty under mine sometimes, and I'd like to give it a clean. If anyone knows how to wash/clean a boarding helmet, please stick it up here.

got one this year, like it a lot.

the no goggle-spill-wipeout is a definite plus.

as for cleaning, some new helmets come with removal inner bits designed for washing. if your helmet defies disassemblage, it may be destined for a life one would never wish upon a sock or a pair of undies.

grungy-gonads dude, yer like a guy, you CAN'T have my helmet, in fact, if yer hands come anywhere near my helmet, I'm clockin' yah !

\:D :p \:D

(It's a Giro Flint, but I don't have the optional chin-strap.)

yes for all the reasons No Fakie said, plus one more:

I'm stupid and will probably get going too fast for my ability someday and hit something.

Also, you can get hurt by the guy who hits you from behind too. We had a guy get hurt really bad about 2 weeks ago cause someone plowed into him.

Also a 6 year old boy who hit a pipe and was unconscious for over 2 hours (bad parents).

My preference is to not wear one but my brain tells me - "Coma's are baaad. You can't jet ski in the summer if you're in a Coma".

So I always wear a helmet.

Now if I can just get to be good enough to wear one like Baroks.