So, I got the new iPad last week and I was looking forward to loading it up with all the TV drama series' that I've been missing out on over the years like Madmen, Lost, and of course........Glee (just kidding). So, I go to iTunes Japan and . . . nothing. Not a damn thing worth buying and downloading. And then I start looking at Hulu.jp which would be ok except I want to be able to watch saved episodes when I'm on the plane going back to Canada. No dice.

So, do any of you geniuses have any suggestions because I'm feeling rather gutted right now. Rent the DVD's and rip I guess....hmm..

can't you just use a torrent engine search and find said file and download to your iPad? or to your regular PC then transfer it over? I dunno if these things are possible with the iPad, just throwing ideas out there

Oh ya...torrents. I used to use those years ago to get the odd song or two. I thought they would have been all shut down these days. iPad is MP4 so I can easily download youtube vids and have quite a few full episodes of Lost but for the most part youtube are just short snippets. If I can get any files I can convert but just getting the complete files is the problem.

this kind of info can get a bit hot... so i'll keep it nice and simple. (remember that downloading stuff is illegal, don't do it etc etc)

1) torrent program (e.g. uTorrent)

2) run a google search of what you want plus the magic word.

3) download the magic little file and execute it. check to see what comes with it (e.g. stay away from anything .zip .rar if possible etc).

bob's your uncle.

Yes, actually I was in fact trying to stay away from getting back into the torrent crap. So, let's from here on keep it at least "kind of" legit.

kind of legit is pretty much buying the series outright. I guess you could re-register your itunes to US or something, not sure if that helps. Outside that, boot up Vuze, go to isohunt or pirate bay and look for mp4 or apple files.

Oh, and you can also find plenty of programmes on stream sites that will let you download them. But honestly, my er friend last night just borrowed season 3 of archer (almost 3GB) in less time than it took to watch an episode of it. He told me he forgot how good torrents were... :)

Can't you just switch the iTunes store? I got an American iTunes account. You need any random American address (but DON'T put your credit card info to it because the billing address would be Japan) then get the prepaid cards and use them to buy your tv shows.

BM.... yes, there are ways around it especially with my folks back in Canada buying a prepaid card and sending me the card # and using their address. I've been trying to get ahold of a friend that just went back to the US but he's mid move from LA to Portland right now. Such a PITA though just to watch some old Seinfeld on my shiny new toy.

A lot of football finds its way onto download sites like Hotfile and Mediafire. I guess tv shows do too.

Since you can take without uploading, its safer than torrents on the legal angle.

kind of legit is pretty much buying the series outright. I guess you could re-register your itunes to US or something, not sure if that helps. Outside that, boot up Vuze, go to isohunt or pirate bay and look for mp4 or apple files.

Oh, and you can also find plenty of programmes on stream sites that will let you download them. But honestly, my er friend last night just borrowed season 3 of archer (almost 3GB) in less time than it took to watch an episode of it. He told me he forgot how good torrents were... :)

Vuze is down....

Such a PITA though just to watch some old Seinfeld on my shiny new toy.

I can just imagine the Seinfeld folk having a go at this kind of story.

Must rewatch some of them.

you don't need to upload on torrent sites.......

Some of the best ones with the most interesting stuff may be member only and track something called "ratio".

I've never used torrents so I don't know what that could mean.

I'll take a look at those Mr. Wiggles... :thumbsup: edit. I just did....hmmm....

What you need Chris is a forum to give you links to the stuff you want on Hotfile, Mediafire etc. If its popular tv like Seinfeld, somebody will have put them up there for sure, though its a bit cat and mouse with copyright holders getting them taken down. Those kind of sites host files that are 600-700MB in size now, which is more than enough for tv shows in Ipad format in a single download.

If you're having problems with the standard Ipad video player expecting everything in one or two formats, replace it with an app that plays xvid etc. There are several options out there on the Itunes store. If you jailbreak, you can get vlc.

you don't need to upload on torrent sites.......

Some of the best ones with the most interesting stuff may be member only and track something called "ratio".

I've never used torrents so I don't know what that could mean.

Ah ok, what that could be is, sites which require you to seed your downloads so that everyone has a fast download speed. If you just download and then cut your file off from the cloud, then you'll get a poor score, which means you fall further down the queue the next time you wanna download from that site. On those sites, to keep your download speed fast you have to seed that file back to the community....so yeah i guess you are uploading a little bit. I use a site like that for my UK TV, but if I'm downloading movies then I just use a run of the mill torrent site that doesn't require this