• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell you what, I ****ing LOVE Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips.

Further investigation shows that it is Mister Potato which is the "official snack partner of Manchester United".

I'm all researched out these days! :doh:

And maybe they could run a steam turbine.... :wave:

Pringle-powered Power Station's!! The way of the future......AND saves the country's health as all pringles are snaffled by the government to run a highly efficient snack burning electricity scam

thats because of an additive in Pringles that fools your hunger centre in the brain and makes you yearn for more. Technically not crisps as they are made from potato flour and sawdust..........ok theres no sawdust in them!!

yeah its true. Its main culprit is large quantities of MSG and of course salt. Both are very adept at making us crave more. And the whole not a real potato crisp thing was actually pushed by Pringles so that they wouldn't have to pay tax in the UK.....which taxes crisps as they are considered "luxury items" and snacks (which pringles were wanting to be) as being "required food".

The shocking true story of how Pringles are made

Pringles may be one of the most sci-fi foods of our time. So thin, so homogeneous, so regularly shaped that they can be stacked perfectly, these chips are truly the food of the future. But how are they made?

First, to understand what Pringles (and other stackable chips) are, you have to develop a Zen detachment from the idea of potato chips coming from actual potatoes in any recognizable way. In fact, the Pringles company once argued that their high amount of processing and low potato content actually made Pringlestechnically not potato chips. (For those wondering, they made this self-sabotaging argument to avoid taxes. 'Snacks' are recognized as necessary in the UK, and so they aren't taxed. Potato chips, on the other hand, are luxury food, and so they are taxed.)

Instead of shaving bits off of a potato and deep frying them, the company starts with a slurry of rice, wheat, corn, and potato flakes and presses them into shape. So these potato chips aren't really potato at all. The snack-dough is then rolled out like a sheet of ultra-thin cookie dough and cut into chip-cookies by a machine. The cut is complete enough that the chips are fully free of the extra dough, which is lifted away from the chips by a machine.

The chips move forward on a conveyor belt until they're pressed onto molds, which give them the curve that makes them fit into one another. Those molds move through boiling oil (I would have thought rat-lard, since anything that tastes that addictive has to be terrible for you, but it's probably just vegetable oil.), and fry for a few seconds. Then they're blown dry, sprayed with powdered flavors, and at last, flipped onto a slower-moving conveyor belt in a way that allows them to stack. From then on, it's into the cans (with usually a good inch of empty space at the top) and off towards the innocent mouths of the consumers.

I love that thick crinkly pizza flavor ones.

No additives, I'm sure.

:yummy:

What's with the bags though? Huge bag, open it up and there's 20 crisps in there! :doh:

Recently I've been enjoying other kinds of snacks like senbe, crackers and that sort of thing. Some of them are brilliant, get some good local ones at Michi-no-Eki's.

Wasabi flavor a bonus!

There is a strange mix crisps thingy in Seiyu.

It's a mix of popcorn, corn chips and cheetos, but black pepper and something flavour.

Very moorish and great with beer.

Sounds good that.

I like those black pepper crunched up pretzels piece things there are. Can't remember the name.

If its the Schnejder? ones, the honey mustard ones are great. The chocolate ones they did with Meiji are also pretty good.

I had some Garlic Toast with black pepper (something like that) snack things last night.

Very :yummy:

I think they are called Kratz....or something that sounds similar

Sounds good that.

I like those black pepper crunched up pretzels piece things there are. Can't remember the name.

the Schneider ones are good