A very important topic, as I'm sure you'll agree, but let's blame Chriselle after seeing him mention nori-flavoured crisps in the chatbox. Or chips as he says. And that's seaweed for those who don't know.

There's some pretty wacky flavours out there in Japan what's the best one?

I saw some squid ones a while back which just sounds disgusting, especially since I hate squid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell you what, I ****ing LOVE Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips.

in Japan, I like the crinkle cut sour cream and onion. Good kinda wacky flavours are Gyoza, Yakisoba, and ラー油(Ra-Yu....the chilli oil)

messed up flavours include ume-boshi....taste like metal.........コーク(cock) :shifty: and although technically not a crisp, still a messed up flavour for a snakc product, salmon flavoured Pocky

It's Bag Of Crisps fault..... He gives me the munchies. :lol: I like the nori as I mentioned but there is a nice mild salt and vinegar my wife picks up at the 100 yen shop. Not nasty vinegary like back home. Check them out.

That said, I much prefer my home stove popped popcorn. I buy the 8 lb. jug(s) of Orville Redenbacker seeds from Costco. Good stuff and low calorie.

Pickled onion is always a guilty pleasure. Monster Munch ones, overpowering as you open the pack. Full of goodness! ;)

I agree with TB any kind of sour cream / onion / cheese combi is well good. And pizza.

Oh yes crisps. I like cheesy, oniony, sour creamy kind of ones as well.

And spicy.

And beefy even.

Pickled onion monster much can knock you out if you open them too near your nose!

with Salt & Vinegar, the stronger the better. If your eyes and mouth doesn't water when you open the bag then they just aren't good enough!! the same goes for pickled onion!!

I like the 10p crisps you get back home as well, like beef Space Raiders or Johnny's Onion Rings....great

there is a nice mild salt and vinegar my wife picks up at the 100 yen shop. Not nasty vinegary like back home. Check them out.

If its the Suupaa Mucho ones, my daughter loves them. I think it must be the British genes!

On the subject of cheapo ones, the Malaysian Pringle ripoffs are pretty good. The barbeque one has a kind of an "asian" flavour that is very moreish.

My WoMan has just come back and presented me with some special Pringles. Sour cream flavour, Manchester United branded Pringles.

Obviously the Wigan Athletic ones had sold out.

:(