GPS was placed in its bracket in the windshield and left in the sun. The battery overheated and exploded!

med_gallery_10039_80_35021.jpg

med_gallery_10039_80_7566.jpg

med_gallery_10039_80_7961.jpg

med_gallery_10039_80_74287.jpg

Summertime Hazard 2 - Jellyfish

jellyfish_93.jpg

MYTH: Peeing on a jellyfish sting will ease the pain.

Though it may sound convenient -- if also totally gross! -- urine hasn't been proven to curb the hurt. What has: vinegar. "Its acidity is believed to inactivate the stingers and diminish the pain," says Stanford University School of Medicine emergency-medicine doctor Paul Auerbach, M.D., author of Medicine for the Outdoors. Soak a paper towel in household white vinegar and hold it on the wound for about 30 minutes. Afterward, use an OTC hydrocortisone cream to quell any itching. (If, however, you start to feel dizzy or nauseated or develop any kind of rash, you may be having an allergic reaction and should get yourself to a doctor right away, says Auerbach.)

GPS was placed in its bracket in the windshield and left in the sun. The battery overheated and exploded!

med_gallery_10039_80_35021.jpg

med_gallery_10039_80_7566.jpg

med_gallery_10039_80_7961.jpg

med_gallery_10039_80_74287.jpg

hang on...

Why would that car have a GPS attached to the winscreen? They have a unit inbuilt in the car!!!

Summertime Hazard 2 - Jellyfish

jellyfish_93.jpg

MYTH: Peeing on a jellyfish sting will ease the pain.

Though it may sound convenient -- if also totally gross! -- urine hasn't been proven to curb the hurt. What has: vinegar. "Its acidity is believed to inactivate the stingers and diminish the pain," says Stanford University School of Medicine emergency-medicine doctor Paul Auerbach, M.D., author of Medicine for the Outdoors. Soak a paper towel in household white vinegar and hold it on the wound for about 30 minutes. Afterward, use an OTC hydrocortisone cream to quell any itching. (If, however, you start to feel dizzy or nauseated or develop any kind of rash, you may be having an allergic reaction and should get yourself to a doctor right away, says Auerbach.)

The jellyfish will tell us if next season there will be lots of snow.

A few years ago this big guy was patrolling our beach and had people out of the water for a month or so. I knew he wasn't a threat but my feelings weren't mutual. Such a shame.

IMG_5922.jpg

A few years ago this big guy was patrolling our beach and had people out of the water for a month or so. I knew he wasn't a threat but my feelings weren't mutual. Such a shame.

IMG_5922.jpg

wow. poor thing. was he eaten?

Nope, just poked and prodded. I think someone later cut the fins off. As hammerheads go he was bigger than average. When the guys pulled him up everyone was like...holy shaite!!

IMG_5893.jpg

More Summer hazards - Sunburn

acute-sunburn-10-1.jpg

ouch ouch ouch

This pic reminds me of Geordies returning from Ibeefar and Tennariffe