Yesterday morning there was an explosion on an under-construction tunnel in Minamiuonuma. It's a new road going between Muikamachi and Tokamachi.

Actually quite close to where muikabochi lives.

If you are in Japan you probably saw it on the news yesterday.

The explosion was caused by natural gas, apparently, and there are 4 people still trapped in there.

They are being hampered trying to rescue because of the gas, but you've got to wonder how good their chances are in that case.

:(

I don't know if any of you were around or if you remember.... But way back when there was a tunnel collapse up in Hokkaido where a bus and a few cars were crushed. And I mean crushed like a pancake. I've had issues driving through tunnels since then especially the ones going through Tokyo. I get freaked out. So ya, a tunnel is way down on my list of preferred locations to bite it.

I don't know if any of you were around or if you remember.... But way back when there was a tunnel collapse up in Hokkaido where a bus and a few cars were crushed. And I mean crushed like a pancake. I've had issues driving through tunnels since then especially the ones going through Tokyo. I get freaked out. So ya, a tunnel is way down on my list of preferred locations to bite it.

http://www.aintnowaytogo.com/japRock.htm

Sounded pretty horrific. Not a nice way to go.