Well, I was jolly well expecting the sky to go completely black and us only to be able to see a white ring as the moon lines up in front of the sun.

Just like they show us on telly. But that just did not happen.

False advertising I say!

:grandpa:

i spent a considerable amount of time staring at the sun like those dudes in sunshine, and can definitely feel my eyes playing up a bit :p I also learned that an annular eclipse isnt worth the bother. :)

Yes saw it clearly here, the sky went a little dark but not so much and the ring was very clear.

Still was nothing like 14/15 years ago when we had the total solar elipse in England and ir went almost completly dark

Anyone who missed it just switch on the telly this evening and tonight to get constant coverage of people looking up at the sun with silly glasses on and fake-sounding 'sugoi desu ne' comments.

;)

But did you say it extremely dramatically, as if it were the prettiest thing that you had EVER seen. Along with much sucking of air and repetition?

This German guy was keen to see it from the top of Fuji.

21日午前10時頃、金環日食を見ようと富士山に入った三重県四日市市のドイツ人男性(40)が山頂で動けなくなっていると、男性の妻から静岡県警富士宮署に連絡があった。

県警山岳遭難救助隊が救助に向かったが、強風などのため捜索を中断。22日早朝から再開する予定。

富士山は7月1日の山開きまで、5合目より上の登山が原則禁じられている。

発表によると、男性は19日午後2時頃に富士宮口5合目を出発し、テントで1泊して登頂。山頂で日食を待っていて、寒さと疲れで自力下山できなくなったという。21日午後4時半頃、妻に携帯電話で「元気、食べ物もある」と話したという。

That 21st around 10 o'clock in the morning, you will look at the gold ring solar eclipse, when the German man of Mie prefecture Yokkaichi city which enters into Mt. Fuji (40) has stopped being able to move with the mountaintop, from the wife of the man there was communication in Shizuoka prefectural police Fujinomiya station. Prefectural police mountain disaster rescue team faced to rescue, but because it is gale and the like, discontinuing search. 22 days the schedule which the empty is reopened early morning. As for Mt. Fuji to the mountain opening July 1st, mountain-climbing on from 5th go is prohibited principle. According to announcement, the man 19th Fujinomiya oral 5th leaves go around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, 1 Tomari does with the tent and ascends. Waiting for the solar eclipse with the mountaintop, you say that own power it became not be able to descend with cold and the fatigue. That 21st around 4:30 PM, in the wife “vigor, there is also a food”, you said by the portable telephone, you say.