The 'funny thing happened to me today' thread

Today I was out surfing when a pack of dolphins started a fish feeding frenzy. Nothing unusual about that except one of them was right under my board and also going berserk right next to me! I could clearly see the fish hanging out of it's mouth.

As I sat up to enjoy the spectacle on display, the fish escaped and swam right into my lap. I picked it up and tossed it away from me. I know flipper is my friend and would never intentional harm me but I wasn't taking any chances. Neither would you if you witnessed a 500 pound marine animal going totally phsyco right next to you.

:)

Anyone else have any weird stuff happen to them today?

Not today Mantas but I had dolphin experience many years ago.

I was on a surf surfari up on the North Coast of NSW and was out on a beautiful sunny spring day, only 3 guys out, 4-5 foot beach break in crystal clear aqua conditions. Paddled into another perfect peak and shared the wave to the beach with a dolphin on either side of me - I swear one of them even jumped over the nose of my board. It was Nirvana!!

I was so stoked that when I got back home to cold wet Victoria I packed up my wife and two grommets and moved straight up there ( Port Macquarie)

Been surfing warm waters ever since.

Not today Mantas but I had dolphin experience many years ago.

I was on a surf surfari up on the North Coast of NSW and was out on a beautiful sunny spring day, only 3 guys out, 4-5 foot beach break in crystal clear aqua conditions. Paddled into another perfect peak and shared the wave to the beach with a dolphin on either side of me - I swear one of them even jumped over the nose of my board. It was Nirvana!!

I was so stoked that when I got back home to cold wet Victoria I packed up my wife and two grommets and moved straight up there ( Port Macquarie)

Been surfing warm waters ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csEtzhVl-bQ

This is turning into the dolphin thread.

A couple of years ago we took our wake boat out into the Mandurah Estuary ski area (parents have a property on the waters edge with a private jetty - handy that), it was also the same day PB almost flooded the boat, ran us aground, and killed a series of mobile phones and car remote keys which resulted in a porsche towed from MH to Perth - another story...I digress.

Our #3 son was wake boarding, enjoying the peace, when we noticed that either side of him, but slightly behind him were two dolphins. They matched his turns and followed him for about 10 minutes. It was awesome. But we didn't tell him at the time as he would have dropped the tow rope and totally freaked out.