So here it is February First, February being, of course a short month. And then We have March. What about April ?

The season this year has so far been 11 weeks long, how many more weeks of fun do we have ? any guesses

Most people seem to say about a month more of powder and then 6 weeks of spring conditions.

Hope I didn't spoil anyone's day.

enderzero and zwelgen are still up in the Hakuba Valley, no doubt causing trouble.

I was going to go today, but I was getting seriously depressed from lack of food and sleep.

I was really hoping that the season lasted until May. I am 34 for 60 days so far this year, and I want to be able to take it easy from here on out. Trying to ride 3 or 4 times a week while maintaining full-time work was great for the first part of this season, but recently it has really started to put the jag on me.

Anyone else get brutally tired from this type of behaviour ? I slept maybe 10 hours two nights ago, and 12 hours last night, and I'm still not 100%

Some people seemed to have been riding Fuji and other large peaks nearly all of last year with only a brief hiatus. And they were good enough to provide interesting reports about their sheer, dogged folly for the rest of us to enjoy.

I have a few trips planned for May on the weekends. If it keeps on snowing, maybe in to June. I'm doing a lot of backcountry Hakkoda tours this spring and hopefully a few down south. My big plan is to ski the open face on Mt Iwate sometime this spring.

As far as resorts - I think the Japanese get skied out by late March, mid-April. How can a resort open with 30cm of snow but close with 70? No demand. If I remember correctly, crowds had really declined in to early March last year. I love powder, but corn is great too. Great time of the year to get your days in - and the weather is usually a lot better!

Indosnm - you surf too? don't want to hijack the thread, but rare to find another gaijin surfer here. What do you ride? where? I'll be out in the water in about a month (Hachinohe north - some rock reef but mostly beach break on my boards). I usually would wish ski season would last indefinately, but this year, with my bum knee, I can't wait for surf season to arrive. Skiing is my first love and what I do best, but surf is right there. Japan just has it all brah!

(water temp = 5c, air temp = - 4c, snow on beach = .5 meter - yikes! not the best for surf!)

Wow, quite differing responses. I like the idea of June. I really don't like the idea of early March. I feel like the season is just starting for me. Things don't ever really get rolling where I am from until the end of Jan. Plus I really feel like I am starting to break out of this plateau I have been on since the beginning of last season.

Fattwins - I said more in a different thread but I loved Cortina.

I stopped skiing sometime in March last year. Just got sick of the sugary snow and had other things I wanted to do. I went hiking up shiga kogen in June last year and there was people driving up with skis on their car. What the F? I thought and up the top in the shady places there were decent patches of snow where people had built kickers and were going hard up there. Looked like fun and might give it a whirl this time round. But full on resort skiing post March? Sticking to the pipe and park might be ok but not really runs unless you like ice or sugar. Back country I know nothing - yet.

And getting knackerd Barok - im with you. I had 10 days where I didnt ski because I was sick and out last Thurs my legs were aching, after only 10 days! Fitness goes so quickly. And I get loooooads of sleep during the week, in bed at 10pm some nights just to recover from the weekend. I think riding hard more than 3 days a week is tough