Isn't nonmihodai (drink all you want) great?

And generally pretty cheap too.

Tubby's comment in the other thread got me thinking - is it a Japan thing? I can't think of one time back in the UK when I have been able to have a nomihodai, apart from at a house party!

Bars would go out of business very quickly back home if they had nomihodai, I reckon.

:lol:

For sure.

They'd be dried up within an hour after people consuming 10 pints as a warm up.

And that's just the ladies.

3 mates visited me a few years back and I took em to one place that had a 1000 yen nomihodai with no time limit. We went there pretty early in the night and basically sat almost until closing time drinking.........we managed to put away 95 jokky's of beer between us. As well as other assorted girly-drinks in between just to mix it up. There were more than the 4 of us, with a couple mates kind of dropping n for a bit and then leaving.....I reckon probably a total of 7 or 8 people overall helped to put away all those drinks. That place did NOT make money that night!!! :lol:

• Like 1

3 mates visited me a few years back and I took em to one place that had a 1000 yen nomihodai with no time limit. We went there pretty early in the night and basically sat almost until closing time drinking.........we managed to put away 95 jokky's of beer between us. As well as other assorted girly-drinks in between just to mix it up. There were more than the 4 of us, with a couple mates kind of dropping n for a bit and then leaving.....I reckon probably a total of 7 or 8 people overall helped to put away all those drinks. That place did NOT make money that night!!! :lol:

95!!!!

That's almost wrong doing that Tubby!

yeah....we weren't counting but they give you a detailed receipt at the end....we were then a bit disappointed that we didn't make 100

Suitably impressed.

Though I can imagine the disappointment at not hitting 100!

You need to 'let's challenge' again.

The days of necking six pints in ninety minutes to get me money's worth are probably behind me too.

For tabehodai, the eat-all-you-can Chinese buffet you get for six quid on a lunchtime back home can be pretty good.

Is wine ever included in a nomihodai?

Can't recall hearing of one of those.

yeah there's a place near mines that has a "wine bar".....which is nomihodai house red and white and home made sangria....they also have a salad bar tabehodai for all you foodies ;)