You could even click on the image icon above and paste in the URL. That does it for you.

That may save 1 or perhaps even 2 seconds, enabling you to make an apple pie or other such treat for the children.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice resurrection Pies....   Here is my partner. As a wee pup and now!! Very handsome and smarter than he should be.  

oh you're funny Pies. :sj-lol:

I did try all of those options.

lets try one more time, just for the hell of it.

(woohoo...worked that time!!! seriously, I've posted hundreds of photo's online over the years, tried everything yesterday and gave up. Must have been some gliche somewhere)

308876_2362222908767_137824523_n.jpg

A few weeks ago the old brindle girl fell in the pool and very nearly drowned.

She is getting very old, and it was pretty cold over night.

I dragged her out of the water at 4am, but I am not sure how long she was in there.

The little black girl, alerted us to her being in the pool - barked constantly until will woke up.

And then she wouldn't leave her side.

fffaarrrkkkk... it IS user error. why on earth is it doing it sometimes and not others????

1382841_10201668636391465_253003878_n.jpg[/img]

1382841_10201668636391465_253003878_n.jpg

Greyhounds are such amazing dogs MB. A friend of mine had a greyhound and a couple whippits. I'll never forget taking them out into a big field and getting them wound up....poetry in high speed motion. Thanks for posting..

Thanks Big Chris,

They are nutters when they get wound up.

Even Star (you can see her damaged leg in the top picture) totally cuts sick.

Joanne, the old brindle girl, is Stars grandmother.

Star lay with Joanne all day while her core temperature stabilised.

of course :thumbsup:

But I'm sure you don't want pic's of my dog on your server :sj-lol:

I still trying to work out how to post pics and not on the server - it will happen - any help is appreciated!

Awesome dogs & pics mb, I am sure the black and white one is a border cross of some sort tho ;)

Nice resurrection Pies....

Here is my partner. As a wee pup and now!! Very handsome and smarter than he should be.

DSC_0144_zps2b81e548.jpg

2013-10-26031548-1_zps81b274e1.jpg

I agree - how's the training going? Frisbee catcher or what?

Oh ya...it's going quite well. He definitely has the Border Collie "eye" and crouch and his prey drive is at about 90%. My poor cat hates it...

It's getting that extra 10% which is the challenge. But, he's only 6 months so I can't expect too much yet. One frustrating thing is that he's a grass muncher. I've started calling him "Tio the ruminant" for all the grass he eats. I think he just like the taste or texture as he doesn't throw up (much) and the food we feed him is top, top shelf so I doubt it's any nutritional concerns. Hopefully it's just a phase.

As for other training... his recall is pretty tight although he does like to rebel lately. Obedience is spot on with sit, down, wait, heel and watch me. Useless dog tricks are spin, beg, roll over, paw (both), kiss, weave, and working on a scoot backwards and through my legs.

Meanwhile I also need to work on my frisbee skills as it has been many years since college frisbee golf... ;) Definitely plans for competition in a few years.... :thumbsup:

Having a blast though and it sure is amazing how much your life changes with a border collie in it.

:thumbsup: Very clever pup but sounds like your putting the effort/ time into him. It will be good to see photos of him going nuts in the snow - has he had the snow experience yet?

No...not yet. He loves ice cubes so I can imagine he will go nutty with the snow. Won't be til mid January at the earliest. Can't wait... We'll have to find pet friendly places to stay I guess.

Definitely no Border Cross there ;)

100%

We bred her from our own bitch, with a DNA verified frozen sample.

Purebred greyhounds in Australia are now DNA fingerprinted along with ear branded.

She's all Grey :thumbsup:

She looks a bit different to her litter mates though.

I blame the trauma and drugs when she was growing.

253770_1929242644531_1802342_n.jpg

254241_1929295805860_2445753_n.jpg

When we first moved to Australia and were staying with the inlaws, they were fostering ex racing greyhounds as part of a program to try to adopt them out to people as pets rather than getting put down. They really are lovely dogs. My better half would like to get one but currently its not possible for us.

About the funniest thing we saw was when one dog saw its reflection in the sliding door and freaked out - it had had a bone earlier in the back yard and freaked out that this strange dog was going to steal its bone, so it barked at its reflection, which also barked back, so then it got really submissive, put its head down low, then it just didn't know what to do any more - opened the sliding door and out it went looking for its bone and the other dog, and couldn't find either. The poor thing was distraught, meanwhile we are all laughing our heads off.

When we first moved to Australia and were staying with the inlaws, they were fostering ex racing greyhounds as part of a program to try to adopt them out to people as pets rather than getting put down. They really are lovely dogs. My better half would like to get one but currently its not possible for us.

About the funniest thing we saw was when one dog saw its reflection in the sliding door and freaked out - it had had a bone earlier in the back yard and freaked out that this strange dog was going to steal its bone, so it barked at its reflection, which also barked back, so then it got really submissive, put its head down low, then it just didn't know what to do any more - opened the sliding door and out it went looking for its bone and the other dog, and couldn't find either. The poor thing was distraught, meanwhile we are all laughing our heads off.

Where did you move from Surfarthur?

Oh god Mamabear...that would ruin me...poor little thing

Nah, what would've ruined me was putting her down.

Three Vets said that was our only option, and that a tripod doggie with a front leg amputation in a Greyhound would be cruel.

Finally found a guy willing to try.

She needed multiple surgeries and adjustments to the external fixation device, and 4 hourly medication day and night.

She was tiny, and slept in my bed curled up against my chest for weeks.

It was like having a newborn again.

So, I am kinda attached to her. :lol: