Hi all

Good to be here, signed up at last.

Was wondering if anyone went to Oze Iwakura this past season? Is it true that they closed off the back area there this season?

I liked that place when I visited Japan for the first time a few years back and hope to be in Gunma more next winter.

Hi Captain-Boo

Yes unfortunately that back area was closed this year, official reason being to save electricity.

It's still a decent sized place though, I like it there though I didn't make it this year.

I hope next year they will re-open it.

Yeah I made it up there (thanks SJ :D ) and as Mina said, they did shut down that back bit. But its still a fairly big place and with the couple of inches of fresh that was there when I went, i had a good time anyway

Here's a map, not quite from the IC but thereabouts.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/route-finder/japan-resort-directions-large.php?addresses=NumataANDWhite%20World%20Oze%20Iwakura(resort%3D47)&avoidHighways=false&avoidTolls=false&travelMode=DRIVING

About 35km. That road is one of those that can take longer or shorter depending on the weather conditions and if you get stuck behind some trucks.

But usually I would hope to get there in about 45-50 minutes. Allow an hour I'd say.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the main marshland route is basically one thin wooden walkway.

Can get crazy busy, though I went once when it was delightfully quiet.