• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Meta your hint's are all over the place :confused: hmmn probably designed to throw us off track - there seems no logical links (unless you know the answer.

Let's getting answers

Which island is it on?

In the last snow pic, where was that wind turbine?

Ski Resort Tenei

Tenei Village, Fukushima

After just 6 short days, we have a winner!

Hints:

sml_gallery_10844_186_72217.jpg

--Ten-Ei Village specializes in growing the South American tuber, yacón. Their tourist association website proclaims them ヤ―コンの郷.

sml_gallery_10844_186_4324.jpg

--Answer: 38 (42?)

Question: What is the angle of the steepest slope in degrees?

Explanation: The official angle is 38 degrees, as shown on the ski area website. Confusingly, there is also a sign indicating 42 degrees at the top of the “Wall of Ten-Ei”:

sml_gallery_10844_186_204.jpg

But the official number seems to be 38.

sml_gallery_10844_186_37733.jpg

--The name of the town and ski area is written 天栄, NOT 貂纓.

sml_gallery_10844_186_44421.jpg

It is also NOT written 点鱏.

sml_gallery_10844_186_75482.jpg

--It is written in English as "Ten-Ei" or "Tenei," and NOT as Tenn-Aaayyy!

sml_gallery_10844_186_28035.jpg

--It is also NOT written using ten As.

sml_gallery_10844_186_12920.jpg

--Poster for a film called Остров Везения = "Island of Luck" = 福島.

Ten-Ei is in Fukushima prefecture.

sml_gallery_10844_186_14545.jpg

--After a hard day of skiing, you can relax at the resort hotel British Hills in Ten-Ei, a recreation of a British town with a full English-language immersion environment.

sml_gallery_10844_186_12603.jpg

--If that is not to your taste, or you do not feel up to practicing your English, you can stay instead at the Regina no Mori dome cottages -- where presumably you can practice your Martian.

sml_gallery_10844_186_22148.jpgsml_gallery_10844_186_27636.jpg

--And wind down with a nightcap of some local sake, such as Suzunoi (寿々の井), Yumenoka (夢の香), or, if you prefer nigorizake, perhaps some Hatoriko (羽鳥湖).

Well done, Onehunga!

Your turn!

• Like 1

I didn't get a single one of those clues, not speaking Japanese didn't help of course. Thought I had it with the dome houses, found a place that had heaps of them, by Mt Aso. However couldn't find a ski resort nearby. I didn't find Regina no Mori dome cottages unfortunately. British hills also threw me, though it might be either Shakespeare or William Adams, however all the statures of them I found had beards. Excellent work MO, not sure I can make it as challenging this time.

• Like 1

I didn't get a single one of those clues, not speaking Japanese didn't help of course. Thought I had it with the dome houses, found a place that had heaps of them, by Mt Aso. However couldn't find a ski resort nearby. I didn't find Regina no Mori dome cottages unfortunately. British hills also threw me, though it might be either Shakespeare or William Adams, however all the statures of them I found had beards. Excellent work MO, not sure I can make it as challenging this time.

I tried to book those dome houses for July. No chance.