• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

As no one seems to be getting this one, how about we work together to get it? What I think about this one: resort picture probably came from a news report about an avalanche at a ski field, probably on you tube, but searching in English hasn't brought up anything (just sent me off on various side trips, saw some good clips though). First clue: sweet potatoes, or Kumara. I think Kagoshima Prefecture is the main producer of sweet potato in Japan, but there are no ski fields there. Kawagoe, Saitama Prefecture area was once famous for its sweet potatoes which were shipped to Tokyo, again no ski resorts. Other than ski resorts offering sweet potatoes in restaurants I couldn't match the clue to a resort. Second clue: top half a revolver, bottom 42. Can't match this combination to anything close to a ski resort. If it's a six shooter rather than a revolver get 6 42, searching for 642 on the Snow Japan resort search brings up Maiko ski Resort, not sure why, but I don't think this is the answer. Have no idea on rest of clues. (sorry about the one big paragraph, but the enter key on my laptop refuses to work in the forums)

WHAT, that's hours of my life I can't get back, and a whole heap of info on sweet potatoes I learnt that now I don't need. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

OK Onhunga, good idea to work together.

The second clue is from The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

I tried several searches with these words and ski, skijo, root vegetables ( I have no idea what they are) - Took me around the world and back again with no success

The next two clues are useless (for the normal right brained person, or shoult that be left?) as I have no idea what they are let alone spot a clue

The last hint seems to validate Galaxy but fonzie or HenryWinkler gets me nowhere.??

More clues Meta

The last hint seems to validate Galaxy but fonzie or HenryWinkler gets me nowhere.??

Maybe the Fonzie/Henry Winkler clue relates to either Happy Days, or to another show Henry Winkler was is, maybe "Arrested Development" or "Royal Pains" although not sure how either relate to a Japanese Ski Resort

Maybe the Fonzie/Henry Winkler clue relates to either Happy Days, or to another show Henry Winkler was is, maybe "Arrested Development" or "Royal Pains" although not sure how either relate to a Japanese Ski Resort

Yeah, I can't really see how "Arrested Development" or "Royal Pains" would relate to a Japanese Ski Resort...

Will be interesting to see what the answer is.

snowjunky

The root vegetable is Renkon, Japanese for Lotus Root, which apparently is slang for a Revolver.

Maybe that helps you more than it has helped me