• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

From the height I assume it was taken from the Gondola, but the Gondola only passes over one lift, and that's almost at the top, and that lift is almost directly under the gondola, not out to the right. Maybe it's taken from the top of the peak in front of the top gondola station, looking back towards the peak behind the Gondola station. ie the opposite of the other two photos on this page. Might just be the effects of a long zoom lenses making it look "different" to my memory and photos. (sorry for the lack of paragraphs, for some reason my enter key is not working in the forums)

Interesting not sure I exactly remember!

I think it is taken from about half way down in the valley area where the gondola is. The gondola line would be to the right of this photo. There's two small lifts near the base of the gondola and I think the one you see is one of those.

??

Interesting not sure I exactly remember!

I think it is taken from about half way down in the valley area where the gondola is. The gondola line would be to the right of this photo. There's two small lifts near the base of the gondola and I think the one you see is one of those.

??

Your photo was taken from the lift behind and above the top gondola station, closed off this year.muikabochi_1099.jpg, The photo I can't quite place was taken (uploaded) by beesleyx beesleyx_23.jpg but I think it was taken from the opposite peak to yours, probably with a long lenses, which I think is why it looks flatter than it really is

Kusatsu

Correct, as far as I am aware one of only two resorts in Japan that have a KFC.

The Niseko gondola base station used to have a KFC back in 2003 I think.

Or was it something else.

Hard to work out the scale, not sure if I'm looking at a mountain range, or a hole in the snow left by your ski/board

Well, I took this photo :grandpa:

And it is taken from the top of Zao. Actually walk a bit above the top of the gondola station (if they let you) and you get treated to this view. Zoomed in of course for effect.