• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

So it is Gran Deco, tho I don't see the hint.

Btw what was the Zao hint?

Ok, first, yes, the snow monster is indeed from Zao. There are no snow monsters at Grandeco, at least not within bounds; there apparently are some accessible via some hiking, but I'm not gnarly enough for that.

Anyway, the connection is that that particular snow monster also happens to be my avatar, and I spent nearly every weekend this past season going to Grandeco (season ticket) and posting reports and pictures from there (or the occasional nearby ski area) in this forum. (Another hint was the yellow tree padding, which Grandeco in particular seems to be fond of.)

So, I was trying to be clever, in a reverse-psychology kind of way. Anyone who read my posts this past season would likely guess Grandeco or somewhere else in Fukushima, all else being equal... which is why, until now in this thread, I have studiously avoided posting any currently operating Fukushima ski areas. (I did post a couple of defunct ones.) Finally, though, I thought I had sufficiently gotten people to expect my quizzes to be only about obscure, unheard-of ski areas, that I figured what the heck, let's post the most "obvious" one this time and see what happens.

Actually took longer than I expected for it to get solved, though I think that is most likely because everyone is off skiing in Australia or pub-crawling in the UK right now, and not so much that my crafty plan succeeded on its own merits.