• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Cool, thanks snowbunny. I was there in February this year but it took me while to recognize from that angle.

I do love that place - especially the onsen at Madarao Kogen Hotel.

Will post a new pic soon

And there is a huge partly hidden clue under the pic - lets creative

Just give me the name of the park - never mind the Shrine name - thogh extra kudos if you do get that also

Tsuruoka.

The URL for the photo has the words "Heavy Snow Fall Northern Japan" in it, and is hosted on a site called zimbio.com. (Looks like a "huge clue.")

Plugging those words into a search engine gives a slide show on zimbio.com of a snow storm in 2009, including the exact photo snowjunky posted.

The caption to the photo reads, "Snow falls on a shrine at the Tsuruoka park on December 19, 2009 in Yamagata Prefecture, Japan."

Google Maps tells us there is a park in Tsuruoka city called "Tsuruoka Park," with three shrines in it: Tsuruoka Gokoku Shrine, Shonai Shrine, and Oshiro Inari Shrine. Can't quite make out which one it is, but perhaps Shonai, seen from the back or side?