SnowJapan Community

Cool, thanks snowbunny. I was there in February this year but it took me while to recognize from that angle.

I do love that place - especially the onsen at Madarao Kogen Hotel.

Will post a new pic soon

Unless that's a very famous building how are we supposed to know that one?

:confused:

And there is a huge partly hidden clue under the pic - lets creative

Just give me the name of the park - never mind the Shrine name - thogh extra kudos if you do get that also

Tsuruoka.

The URL for the photo has the words "Heavy Snow Fall Northern Japan" in it, and is hosted on a site called zimbio.com. (Looks like a "huge clue.")

Plugging those words into a search engine gives a slide show on zimbio.com of a snow storm in 2009, including the exact photo snowjunky posted.

The caption to the photo reads, "Snow falls on a shrine at the Tsuruoka park on December 19, 2009 in Yamagata Prefecture, Japan."

Google Maps tells us there is a park in Tsuruoka city called "Tsuruoka Park," with three shrines in it: Tsuruoka Gokoku Shrine, Shonai Shrine, and Oshiro Inari Shrine. Can't quite make out which one it is, but perhaps Shonai, seen from the back or side?

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content