SnowJapan Community

Choosing the most talked about ski resort in Japan was always going to be too easy hey?

:doh:

It sure it, the magnificent Mt Granview.

If you look closely you'll see proof of that new gondola being built. I have adjusted the contrasts etc in the image

gallery_5986_186_243580.jpg

Yes, it was the visible signs of construction of the high-speed gondola and underground shinkansen station that gave it away.

Hmmm. Without going through all the maps, I don't know that one either.

Interesting looking shape to the place.

It looks a bit like the Suzurikawa - Yokote area

It also looks like Numajiri, Inawashiro, Fukushima

I just checked on Google earth - Looks like you got it Oblong - well done

And a tricky pick Metabo - I only started searching Fukoshima

Tengendai it is!

It is of course in Yamagata, snowjunky, though on the border with Fukushima, just over the other side of the mountain from Grandeco.

Check your satellite view again, Sanjo. I clipped out the access road and ropeway, and consequently the SJ tag as well, leaving only the ski area itself.

And take it away, Oblong!

Next:

gallery_10844_186_16708.jpg

Sorry if its bad form to go back one but wow, could they make it any narrower?

Well you have been a bit sparce with your postings (32 in 8 years) - but we forgive you :console:

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content