• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Yup. Over to you, onehunga. How long ago did you figure it out?

(I'll explain the clues later, unless onehunga would like to do so first.)

Sorry, can't explain any of the clues. I didn't understand a single one. I asked my wife if she could read the signs from the last two photos and she decided to go all out and spent some time on it. She eventually found out what it was from one character you left on one of the signs.

Well done, Mrs. onehunga! :clap:

Very very clever indeed.

sml_gallery_10844_186_6971.jpg

The only identifying character I think I left visible was the far right tips of 森 from 天下森 on the left edge of the picture of the lift sign. I thought this might be enough to provide confirmation if someone got the prefecture from the hints, and then went through the list of ski areas in Akita, or those in Akita with pair lifts. Is that how she got it? (I would be especially impressed if she figured out that the character was 森 without the other hints! --and feel like an idiot that none of my other hints worked at all in that case…)

The part of the character you mention, plus the poem clue apparently was what enabled her to get it. Just asked, none of the other clues helped, and the Gaga one actually sent her off in the wrong direction for a while. Something about where the poet may have been born.

Is that how she got it? (I would be especially impressed if she figured out that the character was 森 without the other hints! --and feel like an idiot that none of my other hints worked at all in that case…)

The part of the character you mention, plus the poem clue apparently was what enabled her to get it. Just asked, none of the other clues helped, and the Gaga one actually sent her off in the wrong direction for a while. Something about where the poet may have been born.

Ok, so I was only mostly an idiot, not a complete one.

Relief!