• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks familiar but cant place a name to it. Will put on my thinking cap

Tsugaike Kogen

That it is. Named after (and co-developed by the owners of) Hunter Mountain ski area in New York, USA.   Over to you, Muikabochi.

Oze Hinoemata Onsen

Well, I thought that would be a tough one. Obviously not as you got it? How come?

Anyway your turn friend.

I got it thanks to the resort search function, had a look at the picture, saw two lifts, and maybe 2 runs. Then just used the search function to look for resorts that fitted, checked the sat map, and eventually it turned up.

It is a bit dark, but here's a clue that might helpgallery_12115_186_12856.jpg

I don't know the answer but if you try to order KFC during Christmas, you are a ****ing loser :D

KFC is actually quite popular in Japan at Christmas time. Most Japanese homes don't have a big oven, so to get a big chicken for Christmas like you see in an American Christmas KFC sells whole chickens with all the Christmas trimmings. I've not ordered or seen it, only read about it. Apparently you have to order in advance, and trying to get it on the day is impossible.

KFC is actually quite popular in Japan at Christmas time. Most Japanese homes don't have a big oven, so to get a big chicken for Christmas like you see in an American Christmas KFC sells whole chickens with all the Christmas trimmings. I've not ordered or seen it, only read about it. Apparently you have to order in advance, and trying to get it on the day is impossible.

I'm quite aware of what KFC's standing is in Japan at Xmas, thanks tho :)

• Like 1

gallery_12115_186_62381.jpg

I wondered this when I was there but, at the risk or looking silly, is that Naeba-san top right?

Sorry, not sure. I'm not even sure what part of the resort this photo is from. I've skied there 4 times, for 9 days and I can't work out where it is. Got the photo from the SnowJapan archives