How many passwords do you have, for computer/internet related stuff?

Do you know them without looking them up? Or keep them in some kind of protected file or something (protected by a password of course)?

I have 3 that I use in different places, but I must admit I should make them perhaps less obvious but then I won't remember them.

Damn passwords.

My dad has one password for EVERYTHING. And it is a blindingly obvious one.

I have told him that he really should change it, but he's having none of it.

Not that I think he has anything really worth protecting on his computer really...

The whole password thing, I hate it.

Too many and too difficult and I forget.

Too few and too easy and it's supposed to compromise my life.

How many times have I done the "forgot password" routine?

:doh:

I know, I'm stupid.

I use a few.

The harder to guess alpha numeric combo that I use for important stuff. The shorter version without the numbers for other stuff that lets you not use numbers and the dumb easy ones that anyone could guess for silly sites I don't care about access to, and could potentially leak my important password if they had it. Only problem is I only started this system recently ... So I have a mixture of passwords out there that may or may not be this one, that one, the other one... OR one I might have totally forgotten about.

It's getting worse. Harder to remember.

I think we are supposed to change our passwords regularly...who can DO that!!!!

Work system requires changes to p'word on a regular (like 6 weekly) basis. Use a rotating system which ends in the month's two digit value. Easy to remember and hard to crack, because the first part is not an easily guessed sequence. I just happen to find it easy to recall.

Other stuff, like banking sites, I use a far more rigorous sequence. Ink toner site would be "pr1nters" since most of them require at least 1 numeral and 8 characters minimum.

We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...

WtPotUSio2fampU

Easy to remember (for me, at least) and very difficult for anyone to crack.

No, I don't actually use this one, but the method makes it easy to create & remember passwords.

We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union... WtPotUSio2fampU Easy to remember (for me, at least) and very difficult for anyone to crack. No, I don't actually use this one, but the method makes it easy to create & remember passwords.

I use the same method for my online banking. That one is the only real password, its a code that you won't get.....the others (I have a stock of 3) that I use for email etc and if you knew me could probably guess them after a while.

I also use the above method for banking - current password:- wdymtinfmit

'what do you mean there is no f..ing money in there"

:shifty:

We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...

WtPotUSio2fampU

Easy to remember (for me, at least) and very difficult for anyone to crack.

No, I don't actually use this one, but the method makes it easy to create & remember passwords.

I use similar passwords and add numbers on the end as well.

For the important accounts, usually use some family members' names, interspersed with important years for me, and some symbols.

For basic ones, well, just throw in the usual password.