This morning I was watching one of the tv progs and they told me that my "best colour" for the day was purple.

But when I switched over to another channel, just 10 minutes later, they said it was "orange". (And that my best food for the day was strawberry ice cream).

Hmm which was correct? It's got me thinking that, unless today I actually do have two "best colours" for the day, one of them might be incorrect.

Seriously though, who believes that maddeningly ridiculous stuff? And why do national tv programmes devote time to it?

:confused:

I blame my mum horrifically for this one. She prides herself as a wicca and does birth charts as a sideline. But yeah, i think its bullshit (rationally), but it still doesnt stop me from proclaiming myself a wood rabbit cancerian (three times the power of awesome!) and an INTP (the modern worlds equivalent).

(you now have my date of birth within 15 days and have an idea of my personality temperament... or at least you would have if you believed any of the latter... suffice it to say my horrorscope keeps telling me how cute, cheerful, friendly, alienated, asocial and moody, and since i am also multifaceted and contradictory (as i read just today, the law of the excluded middle only applies to analytic a priori truths) this maps my personality perfectly and so must all be true!

Id still pick kiersey over my birth chart though because my birth chart makes me out to be a bit mediocre, whereas being an INTP is ****ing badass!

On a similar theme, I once went along to a seance you know where you get in touch with 'the other side'

yeah , well things were going along ok till the lady running the seance started laughing uncontrolably.............so I punched here in the face.

I always like to strike a happy medium.

On a similar theme, I once went along to a seance you know where you get in touch with 'the other side'

yeah , well things were going along ok till the lady running the seance started laughing uncontrolably.............so I punched here in the face.

I always like to strike a happy medium.

:bumtish:

Oh dear!

I think the horoscopes are hilarious! One of our radio shows is running a pisstake of them on their morning shows at the moment.

I think mine last week was "Piscean: Don't even bother getting out of bed today because nobody likes you anyway" Said in that dreamy star struck voice they use.

However I did have a ripper of a book that looked at birth years, dates and star signs to describe you as a person (gift from a frootloop of a friend). Frighteningly accurate for me, PB and the bear cubs. And I have also had a few freaky unexplainable experiences - that have not made me a 'believer' in anything, but have made me more open minded and able to admit that there are things beyond my comprehension that may or may not exist.

Seriously though, who believes that maddeningly ridiculous stuff?

The same sorts of people who believe in gods, ghosts, being anally probed by aliens, Loch Ness monster, etc, etc. In other words idiots. It truly is astonishing that so much of this crap is still around in the 21st century but I have had to come to terms with the fact that a fair portion of the population really are dumb as dog shit. It's the world we live in unfortunately. ;)

Seriously though, who believes that maddeningly ridiculous stuff?

The same sorts of people who believe in gods, ghosts, being anally probed by aliens, Loch Ness monster, etc, etc. In other words idiots. It truly is astonishing that so much of this crap is still around in the 21st century but I have had to come to terms with the fact that a fair portion of the population really are dumb as dog shit. It's the world we live in unfortunately. ;)

:naughty: Nessie Lives!!

i think a lot of this stuff has some genuine credibility in the beginning, but every story teller like to add his personel touch to the story to excite the listener a little bit.

Multiply this re-telling of stories about a million times and you end up with complete bullS@#t.