Just arrived back in oz after 2 of the best weeks of my life in Japan. Feeling really sad that I had to leave. Highlights of the trip: the great snow, the amazing culture and the friendliest people ever.

My opinion of Japan and the Japanese people has changed forever. Love the place. 2 thumbs up.

Well, it was a country with funny writing and I didn't understand a word of the language so I guess in reallity it could have been anywhere.... although I have it on good authority that it was indeed Japan!

I must admit, the people can be very friendly compared to other countries in which I am a foriegner. Where did you go? Niseko wasnt it?

(off topic snipet: I bumped into a young Japanese guy in Europe and called him a gaijin. you should have seen the look on his face).

I'm going to be feeling sad myself when I have to go back to Tokyo next Monday.... I've been having a wonderful time in Hokkaido myself.

(I haven't written cos the mouse on the hotel's computer has been driving me crazy...)

> (off topic snipet: I bumped into a young Japanese guy in Europe and called him a gaijin. you should have seen the look on his face).

db, that's a human rights abuse you committed there. You're not allowed to call Japanese people 'gaijin'.

yesterday was my last day in the snow for a while. i leave japan on sunday. im not really looking forward to it. ive liked my time here, and i like the cold weather (well, not too cold ala -15C in hakuba)

no more skiing for me until the aussie season. i have a mate whose going to start work at perisher so i might pop down there to see him.

the next time im back in tokyo in june i will be officially unemployed.