Surprise! you're dead (AKA: "it's not over yet").

I have MONEEEEE!!! yay! I was good weekends 1 through 3 this month so spent a mere 30k so far... Time to drop cash...

I still have a myoko and hakuba free pass to use... was thinking about hakuba tomorrow and maybe myoko on sunday, but i have a feeling the bus aint running anymore. Anyone know if the nagano bus is still going or if theyve shut it down?

(...If its down, ive pretty much got no way to get there, so if anyone wants a hakuba alps (happo, iwatake, tsugaike) ticket, ill pass it on to anyone that can use it. :))

• SnowJapan Admin

If it is tickets via us, ippy, perhaps you could please let us know and we will offer to someone who entered but did not win.

Thanks. And have fun.

The hakuba one was, but alas, looks like im off there now :) But i guess thsi might be a good place for peoples to mention any passes they still have lying around :D

kekekekeke

/whistles an innocent jaunty tune. I still havent posted my nozawa review (which is going to be GLOWING by the way). To come...

• SnowJapan Admin

Don't worry ippy, you won't be on 'the blacklist'...... ;)

hehe

(Look forward to the Nozawa stuff, wish I had got there this year)

dum de dum. Alas no. Instead i spent the friday night being annoyed by a certain person calling me an asshole and telling me shed had enough of my bullshit since i wouldnt spend 4 more hours on the train to go to kanazawa after hakuba. I was up so late trying to keep her face straight that i decided there was no way in hell i was travelling all the way to the wrong side of nagano to ride slush. Was gonna go this weekend instead... and then yesterday i came down with a cold and have some kind of eye infection (i think its a spot in truth on my eye lid, but it knacks and i cant stop poking it)... basically stuff that mid season i wouldnt give a crap about, but late LATE season and in the sunshine with half the course open i just cant be assed. Actually... maybe i will. I dunno about hakuba mind you, it still feels too far away, (hate buses) but maybe myoko or karuizawa might be on the cards.

****ing no.

On to more pressing matters... if you were me, and you lived in saitama and were within a 5000 yen shink ride to ibaraki, tochigi, bottom of fukushima, nagano, and niigata, where would you go tomorrow... im thinking nagano, but man, the idea of a 6am alarm call for 15 degrees is slightly off putting (though do have a free day pass for myoko kogen - cheers SJ team again)... maybe i should just suck up half a mountain on happo... then at least id get a bit of a lie in.

So er, anyone been to happo in the last week since they shut the bottom half down? Worth it still?

Perhaps you should go to Hakuba.

It'll be closer to bottomless than anywhere else! ( :bumtish: )

I'd go somewhere more convenient though if I was set on going.

Fukushima. It's good, and good for you.

(Had to say that.)

I certainly wouldn't go to Ibaraki, since there are no ski areas in Ibaraki.

As for Tochigi... Oh! tomorrow is Hunter Mountain's last day. Hadn't realized they were still open.

Just the top bit, though.

yeah, its been the problem for me all season with hakuba. I keep meaning to go there, but once i think about it and realise i could just go to kagura or nozawa or myoko or just about anywhere else thats on THIS side of nagano, it feels like a silly plan... even with a free pass i just dunno if i want to ride half a mountain (especially since it costs me an extra 3000yen (there and back) to do it)

Myoko sucks in spring too... maybe i should just get the bus to shiga kogen and ride the olympic course instead and just kip at the net cafe in nagano.

Ill er, skip ibaraki then...

Maybe i should just go to gassan :)

I'm tempted, more for the novelty than anything else, but I might change my mind after I actually sit down and work out the logistics of getting up there!! :D