As most of you already know the wife and I bought a plant nursery when we returned to Aus. We only propagate Australian native plants and currently plenty are in flower and I though I'd share some pics. I'd guess many of you have never seen many Aussie plants. It's very hard having to work surrounded by such beauty! ;)

7093084603_a55ae60e35_c.jpg

7093087829_e1bda586a8_c.jpg

7093106221_88e7a9f170_c.jpg

6947096456_11c4a54b03_c.jpg

6947092704_f4b62ed954_c.jpg

7093137097_d9e6c54e7d_c.jpg

6278781825_05bea8d926_z.jpg

6278772627_bc19f4a9ff_b.jpg

6278762069_8e48a7556e_z.jpg

6278754365_fd90bffd06_z.jpg

Most of the business is wholesale to various Landcare groups, catchment managemnet authorities and councils. Most of these sales are for revegetation and conservation programs in the region. We also supply to landscapers and some retail nurseries. We do have a small retail section of the nursery as well which helps bring in some regular cashflow between the big wholesale orders.

Quite a few garden plants known worldwide originate from Japan. It's because you can grow them elsewhere. The ol' four seasons aren't as rare as Japanese people think. I can't say I know anything about Australian natives though, so yes, it's a rare chance to see them. Beautiful shapes and colours. Some of the leaves on them look pretty robust.

Dry-resistant plants are good for indoors. Are any of them shade-tolerant?

Most of the business is wholesale to various Landcare groups, catchment managemnet authorities and councils. Most of these sales are for revegetation and conservation programs in the region. We also supply to landscapers and some retail nurseries. We do have a small retail section of the nursery as well which helps bring in some regular cashflow between the big wholesale orders.

I quite envy you being out and spending your days in the great outdoors surrounded by the plants and vegetation that bring you joy and an income. Not only is the "grass greener on the other side" the flowering plants are prettier, too.

I do much prefer working outdoors compared to working in an office behind a computer. Can get a little uncomfortable on cold, rainy days or during a heatwave in summer but the climate where we are is generally pretty moderate. And there's just something about growing things and working with your hands to create something that is certainly much more fulfilling than answering emails or phone calls. I do love the work Chriselle but I still really miss the lifestyle I had in Hokkaido. No ski resort or beautiful mountains just minutes away from here unfortunately! We have awesome beaches but I'm a mountain man rather than a beach bum.

I recognize some of those GN. Banksia, kangaroo paw, gravila... We have loads of them around where I live. I have planted quite a few at my place. They bring lots of these in.

Rainbow-Lorikeet-Images.jpg

Not a lot out here at the moment with spring just starting, but here are the best known ones. The first two are just in our garden. The last one is a marsh plant. There's also a white version called a mizubashou.

Fukujusou

8085032.jpg

Fuki-no-tou (edible, but best before they open out like this)

8085188.jpg

Zazensou

8085116.jpg