Jogging / Cycling / Getting fit 2012

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll just munch on my pizza tonight I reckon and crack open some beers.

I got off to a late start this year, but I'm now up to ten miles, so I get to run around the local lake and there and back. It's all on tarmac, but there are very few cars, and the scenery is great.

Anything but anal

Well after scaring myself when I hopped on the scales on Sunday, I have now lost 3 kgs, mainly through cutting out sugary drinks and drinking water instead, and trying to generally eat a bit better too. Have also been to boot camp 3 times this week, and been out on the bike 3 times, so doing ok I think, just need to keep it up.

And like BM, I am off the beers for a while too :(

gallery_10042_198_138925.jpg

completed my first hill climb. Only 350m up (300 start, 650 finish). Nevertheless did it without stopping or getting off and found it to be not tooooo arduous. Kinda exactly at my depth at the moment. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1639844

Popped into nagano instead of coming back home and tried to find the recycle shop with the shit hot classical guitar for 10,000 yen i couldnt afford 2 weeks ago. Someone bought it :(

Ah wells. Nice climb. The view is astonishingly pretty once you get out of the chikuma basin and crest the hill. It leads you into proper inaka hilly land. Easily the prettiest ride so far. Honestly, nagano is an inspiring place to bike ride. :)

gallery_10042_198_4003.jpg

i absolutely adore it. Im definitely popping back that way when the leaves change. Theres just so much... texture?... i guess thats the wrong word, but thats the only word i could think of. :) I love the way every bit of foliage is just spilling over itself.

Beautiful view.

DETOX time for the Mamabear.

Back from the snowy excesses and time to get serious about injury repair (oh my God my KNEES), fitness and weight loss.

I have a month before we are in QLD for a week for the bearcubs sporting competition - no booze, no junk food and loads of exercise before then. Let's see what we can achieve!

Ready, Set, .... GO!

Turns out i might have accidentally ended up with a new hobby.

Today i went to...

gallery_10042_198_80432.jpg

MYOKO!!!

Which of course immediately confirmed where my season pass money is likely going yet again. I just love that damn mountain with all my little heart :)

Also had a wee ride around nojiri.

gallery_10042_198_175035.jpg

Im almost 100% sure thats kurohime.

Kinda lame though since time was pressing and you couldnt see the lake almost the entire way round due to the trees. Itd be AWESOME if you lived near it though. Itd be perfect to just loop on a nice spring or fall late afternoon.

In total 110km round trip with loads of mini climbs and one nice middle one (about 500m). Defnitely started to feel it in the last 30kms id say. :)

Beautiful view.

Back from the snowy excesses and time to get serious about injury repair (oh my God my KNEES), fitness and weight loss.

I have a month before we are in QLD for a week for the bearcubs sporting competition - no booze, no junk food and loads of exercise before then. Let's see what we can achieve!

Ready, Set, .... GO!

Where are you going to in God's country (Qld) Mama bear?

Talking of which, Tubby has been a stranger of late..... Busy summer holidays perhaps.

apologies!! :bow: Not really busy....but more I didn't want to get caught up most of the day in the house on the PC......so I'd been trying to get up and out, even if it was just to sit at the beach. I went to Bali on honeymoon at the start of the hols, then went to Fuji Rock and then climbed Mt Fuji......so a little busy I guess. I also changed jobs so had to do a week of extremely worthwhile training (not!). Other than that I've been at the beach pretty much every day sinking beer and chu-hi's like they were going out of fashion!! I had also started an exercise regime that took a hit midway thru the hols and now those beers and chu-hi's are really showing :doh:

They were awesome......Beadyeye were Meh-ness personified. The Kooks were pretty good in their chirpy summery sound. I only stayed for the Friday bands....camped Thursday night and friday and home saturday.......never again!1 If I'm going to go again, I'm getting digs in the village. The weather was uber hot and as soon as the sun came up, the tent was like a sauna. regardless of what time I fell into my tent at night, I was up by 6.30am....just too hot.

Beautiful view.

Ready, Set, .... GO!

Where are you going to in God's country (Qld) Mama bear?

Brisbane SnowJunky.

4 Brissy pools are being used for the tournament. 2 for the girls, 2 for the boys. Only one I can remember off the top of my head is All Hallows....not sure if that is us or the girls.

First week in October I think... (really MUST get up to speed and booked!)

Yep just checked.

All Hallows Pool Brissy and Stuartholme in Toowong.

Nice ge-tto, ippy

:thumbsup:

I freaking love it here. Its all nice and flat if i want, but hills are barely ten minuts away by bike. And the weather is INSANE. If i was a meteorologist, id decamp to a bowl like this (mountains in all directions), just because you get a phenomenal amount of um... weather. Its way faster than anywhere else ive lived. You can (testify!) pop into your local watahan with blue skies and the sun beating down, and walk out less then 10 minutes later to a proper torrential downpour as far as the eyes can see.

And the lightning! So much lightning. :)

Kawanakajima is just down the road for small easy to get luxuries, and nagano is about a 30 minute ride away if need be (though nagano kinda sucks as a town in truth). And then theres the ski jos of course. Oh if i only had a car. Id be spoiled rotten.

Basically, its not myoko, but itll do.