Jogging / Cycling / Getting fit 2012

OK that's me done. Gambarimashita!

Off on a plane the day after tomorrow for a nice cool down and enjoying some relaxing time out of Japan.

Did pretty well I think, certainly feel much slimmer.

Back to it in September but it's 100% fun I'm looking forward to now.

See you on the other side and good luck to those continuing!

:wave:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll just munch on my pizza tonight I reckon and crack open some beers.

I got off to a late start this year, but I'm now up to ten miles, so I get to run around the local lake and there and back. It's all on tarmac, but there are very few cars, and the scenery is great.

Anything but anal

• 2 weeks later...

Eased off a bit the last few weeks.

Going to be away from my bike most of this next week (ladies family).

For those coming back from overseas trips in the next few weeks, how have things gone? ;)

Me too.

Had a bit of an indulgent August so far.

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to something like normal in September.

We had the first ever Sunshine Coast Marathon here today on the ..well,... Sunshine Coast Qld.

I feel fitter just from watching

took acycle up sugadaira yesterday. Way out of my depth. First 3 or 4 kms was alright. Straight gentle uphill, and then it hit the mountain. Well, actually if you come up from suzaka way, theres a west path or something locked off about half way up, thats where i pretty much stopped cycling and had to push the rest of the way up. Almost turned back about 500 meters from the end where i was down to my last bit of water and no end in sight, but finally bust through the trees just over 10kms after the start of the uphill. I have no idea how anyone could cycle that professionally. Those people are goddamned cyborgs. In case you ever fancy it, theres 27 of those marked turns (they start about 4 or 5kms into it and twist their way up the mountain). It'll give you an idea of how far you have left to go :)

Anyways, it was nice seeing the place, so i reckon my next few weekends i might try and hit up some o fthe nearer skijos just to seewat they look like in summer. Could be a fun project. Lots of rugby at sugadaira by the way.