Jogging / Cycling / Getting fit 2012

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll just munch on my pizza tonight I reckon and crack open some beers.

I got off to a late start this year, but I'm now up to ten miles, so I get to run around the local lake and there and back. It's all on tarmac, but there are very few cars, and the scenery is great.

Anything but anal

There is a thought about this running and shoes business,

There´s big money in shoes, and some thinks that the high tech shoes that absorb iimpact is doing more damage to our feet.

How so ? Actually by runners relying on the shoes and by running in a style that bangs your feet on asphalt too much.

Some people reckon the flat rubber botom - like the old dunlop sand shoe - is the best.

I run with mocassins. sometimes bare feet. Japanese Tabi is great ! Especially the rubber soled ones.

Here is one of my inspirations. Check out what he is wearing on his feet.

baa1951_tanaka_lg.jpg

Nobody knows this guy. His story is truly amazing though.

Shigeki Tanaka wins the 1951 Boston Marathon. 19 year old Shigeki Tanaka of Japan, a survivor of the Hiroshima bombing, wins in 2:27:45.

I bought a pair of Nike Lunar-something or others. i tried a bunch on and these were the most comfortable so I picked them. I also manged to pay for most of it with my Bic Camera points, so I was very happy :D

What is he wearing there?

What is he wearing there?

Japanese tabi. The marathon organizers almost disqualified him because they thought he had an unfair advantage by using them... until they realized they were just cloth shoes.

I bought a pair of Nike Lunar-something or others. i tried a bunch on and these were the most comfortable so I picked them. I also manged to pay for most of it with my Bic Camera points, so I was very happy :D

I like buying things with points.

It almost feels like it's free.

I've been pretty steady this year so far really.

Always enjoy eating and drinking a lot when I go back over summer, but the hot weather before then here usually helps me not wanting to eat as much.

That said, I should keep in shape. Walking to work should take care of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine recently gave me a few bars of Cadbury's dairy milk. Small ones. Today I put them in a cup along with some milk, into the microwave and voila - thick chocolate sauce.

So, tomorrow is the day for me!