Jogging / Cycling / Getting fit 2012

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll just munch on my pizza tonight I reckon and crack open some beers.

I got off to a late start this year, but I'm now up to ten miles, so I get to run around the local lake and there and back. It's all on tarmac, but there are very few cars, and the scenery is great.

Anything but anal

Been out on the bike every night for the last 21 days now. Let's see how long I can keep the unbroken record going. Had a few near misses, and heavy rain is going to spoil it one day no doubt.

After doing 22 more last night, my total for May was 450km.

Bad news last night was my "mini computer" (the thing that calculates how far I go and speed etc) fell off somehow, and I have lost it. I know whereabouts down to a stretch of around 100m and just went back there now this morning for a good look.... but no luck. I think it might have bounced off into a nearby stream or ricefield. So I need to buy a new one of those, only about 3000+ yen perhaps but still annoying. This time I'll get one with a backlight I think.

good going....I've been doing the same. Back in the saddle!! Getting a bit brave on this rather large hill I have to go up and down.......letting the bike run on the way down certainly lets me blow the post-work cobwebs away, but if I were to come off........I'd be a Skinless Tubby Beaver

Took the ol' bmx for a spin along the Tama river this morning and went much further than planned!

Result:- sore arse (try riding 20km on a hard plastic saddle), lower back pain (try riding 20km on a bmx), calluses on my palms (no gloves + too many bunny hops) and sunburn on my neck and arms (no cream!)!!! I won't be doing that again in a hurry! :doh:

Nearly had a bad accident last night on the bike. Unknown and unseen break up in the path I was on and I swerved round quickly only to fall over. Another 50cm or so and I would have been down a 2m ditch and possibly in real trouble.

Note to self - be more careful.

Got back Sunday Night from a weekend in the Aussie Snow Gums, and straight back into the gym! YES!!! Winning at last.

I organized myself a 6 month gym membership to the Uni where #3 son trains for an hour and a half every week night (7.30-9pm) and #2 three times a week 6-7.30pm. Good use of time! Instead of sitting watching them and freezing my butt off I go workout and come back overheated. It is also tackling the 'eating too big a dinner' issue. I eat something small around 4pm to tide me over until I get home about 9.30pm, but after exercise I am not hungry and don't want to go to sleep on a full stomach, so I am just having a small tin of tuna or a single serve tub of yogurt for dinner. Breakfast is now my most nutritious and filling meal of the day.

Gyms have changed a lot!! I COULD even face book or visit SJ while I treadmill if I wanted. The touchscreen is Internet connected!

And some of the cardio machines are 'out there'!! Not just the standard bike, stepper, elliptical and treadmill, I used one last night that was killer, but I reckon would be the perfect machine for pre season training for cross country skiing, it was kind of like a fancy cardio twister.

:lol:

I reckon I'm going to be able to hit 500+km for June, if the rain doesn't affect the next few days.

:dance:

Got to admit though I'm getting pretty bored of it. Would much rather be watching a movie and scoffing on some snacks. And chocolate.