Definitely some at Hakuba Happo and 47/goryu and I think at Cortina too. Also at Kawaba in Gunma. I thought they were pretty common at most resorts - didnt realise many of the places in Yuzawa dont have them. Its definitely good to have them when its windy, and you can just lift the hood up on sunny days when you want to enjoy the views - the more the better I say!

I thought they were pretty common at most resorts - didnt realise many of the places in Yuzawa dont have them.

Interesting for me - I thought the opposite, though I suppose I would do when there are almost none in my representative local sample!

When you think that there are probably 25 'resorts' in Yuzawa and Minamiuonuma, and only one has them....

Aren't there some in Niseko? Personally, I hate them! :thumbsdown: Well maybe "hate" is a bit strong! ;)

why do you dislike them, Mick?

I like em when the wind and snow is blowin

Ok, I'm preparing myself to be shot down in flames here but if I'm enclosed on a hooded quad, I lose some of the experience of going up the mountain, be it checking out potential lines, admiring the scenery or just breathing in the fresh air. It just becomes a way of getting from A to B with no real connection to the outside. Granted, I might want a little less "connection" when it's blowing a hoolie and I'm freezing my nuts off but for me, that's part of the experience. A bit like the difference between riding a motorbike and driving a car.

Nurse, more valium please! :crazy:

I'm often out when the snow is falling so for me, the hoods are great. You can simply lift the hood up on a fine weather day. Perhaps I should be a bit more gnarly and stick to a nice, long "romance lift" during a howling blizzard - naked, of course.

Definitely some at Hakuba Happo and 47/goryu and I think at Cortina too. Also at Kawaba in Gunma. I thought they were pretty common at most resorts - didnt realise many of the places in Yuzawa dont have them. Its definitely good to have them when its windy, and you can just lift the hood up on sunny days when you want to enjoy the views - the more the better I say!

There are no hooded chairs in the Hakuba valley.

• 2 weeks later...