Yikes I sound like my grandmother saying "nowadays". :lol:

I'm out for buying a new computer and I seem to have spent countless hours - nay, days! - on t'intertubes checking out reviews, info, 'unboxing vids', video reviews, comparisons, etc, etc, etc.

I feel like my head is exploding with information, often times conflicting information!

"This is the best computer ever!"

"This is the worst computer ever!"

Sat back last night and thought This Has To Stop!

While its of course great to have lots of info, there's no end to it and in some ways I felt like I was starting to go backwards with Too Much Information, lots of it obviously not quite right.

Wondered, how on earth did people manage buying stuff before the internet?

Pretty wild when you think about how shopping has changed in just such a relatively short space of time.

:lol:

I have spent more than a few days the last month or so lost in a (the) web reading up on stuff and thought the same.

I get quite addicted to it when I'm buying something and probably go a bit overboard.

@tokyo

If it is actually important to you, go to a shop and try the keyboard, touchpad, look at the screen, feel the weight, etc. If not then just buy the cheapest good one. You can get a great laptop for 5-6 man.

Physically seeing and touching gizmos is more important than all the review sites and online sellers would have you believe, I reckon.

Oh yeah definitely, Mr Wiggles. I agree and have been looking.

I have just found myself addicted to endlessly consuming stuff as well, and now starting to realise I need to cut back!

One other thing I noticed... I used to kind of enjoy doing a bit of shopping when I was back in the UK.

These days though that enjoyment has pretty much gone as I can buy more of the things I want here/online.

As well as UK shops generally ripping you a new bottom if you buy something from them.

The main thing now is eats and drinks which is of course great in itself..........

I just wish I could buy some decent pies.

(Please don't mention that meat dude, it does not count).

you gotta make your own........I've still not attempted pies.....been looking on amazon for suitable pie dishes to make em....but actually I saw a great vid on Youtube by an aussie chef, he used a simple pastry cutter as a mould for the pie. I just can't find a pastry cutter the right size!! :doh:

Sounds like something to buy next time home!

I like the idea of buying stuff in the shops, but some simple price themselves out of the reasonable zone. No wonder so many empty stores on the high streets.

It's fun reading up on a buy before you do, but easy to get carried away.

I love having so much info out there.

What I hate though is all the crappy results that appear on search engines when you are trying to find stuff - endless comparison sites etc, most of them garbage.

Difficult to wade through it all sometimes.

Speaking of meat pies...

Sao Paulo, Brazil (CNN) -- Brazilian police have arrested three people suspected of killing at least two women, eating parts of their bodies and using their remains to make stuffed meat pies sold in the northeastern town of Garanhuns.

According to the newspaper report, Negroponte's wife was known in the town for her meat pies. During the police deposition, she said she stuffed them with human flesh and sold them to neighbors, schools and hospitals.