How many times?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How many times 11/12 season?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 days with 34 knee deep or deeper pow days. Not too bad for living in Tokyo,IMO

Just finished epic day 60 yesterday touring around Kagura, outside the gate at the top of Kagura #4 lift...

great fun untilI noticed that my nice white and black The North Face shell dropped out of my pack. Nevermind, a good excuse to get a replacement shell.

im somewhere in the low 20s i think. Pretty much every weekend and a few days over spring vacation. The aim is to try and wriggle another 5-10 days out of the season, but just looked at the akakan weather (just for an idea around the area), and this weekend looks like the serious end of it. I will persevere though. :) I love the fact that its just over 7 months until the prospective start of the season (and 5 months until the real buildup). And if i find myself with a bit of cash in june and itching for a ride, ill be getting the shink to gassan with the rest of you (and then itll only be 4 or 5 months (and 3 months to the buildup)). :)

Nup... happy to leave that off ;-)

Maybe do an annual count later! :sj-lol:

I am not sure my southern hemi days will be that grand.

So far I have 7 days booked, but 5 of them will be in lessons as a SKIER! :omg:

I am trying to get over for Opening Weekend, but that is likely to be an icy ribbon of death made by the snow guns.

How come the skiing thing, Mamabear?

I have long wated to give it a go, but I always get greedy for board time...there is never enough time on a ski trip for me to think - sheesh, getting bored..I know..I'll go back to the bunny slopes and try skiing.

But this August I am taking a bunch of friends who are either snow virgins or ski virgins (seen snow, never slid on it).

I thought...hmm..rather than feeling frustrated wanting to sneak away and smash out some runs, and then feeling bad about it , I would do beginner ski lessons WITH them. Win Win! I am now at the point of saying I probably wont take my board out at all until they leave (I have the weekend after they go) and just make those 5 days all about my friends experiences. It is fun seeing snow through the eyes of a newbie :)

Some of you guys with big big numbers, like wow.

Do you not.... work? :confused:

For me, it's just never enough. That's all.

Took 20 days PV and combined with national holidays and company holidays over Christmas / New year and going nearly every off day I could get in 60 days while still (sort of) working. For the snowy months I feel blessed my off-days are midweek, means so many more laps. This rest of the year it sucks a big one.

• 2 weeks later...