• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bus idea sounds like a bit of a plan.

Also like the idea of mashing in a saturday night camping.

Then a sunday ride before taking the shink back home. 5k for bus, 5k for saturday accommodation, 11k for shink, 9k for 2 day pass 2k maybe for bus. Then assorted odds and sods on food... Comes out around 10k dearer than a standard weekend at kagura. But since its a one off, and isnt being book-ended by other weekends out at kagura i reckon i can afford a trek there.

Man those ticket prices are a bit high though for what youre getting? One lift? Half way up the mountain? 4 reviews that says the place is an absolute waste of time? Ha! lets gassan!

Yeah, I don't think there's any dispute about the quality of the "resort" or the runs, it'd be more for the novelty/adventure/fun factor of riding in the summer sun - assuming it doesn't rain of course!! :lol:

Actually, as it's June this week, perhaps we'd better start talking about dates. For my part, I'd prefer to go after payday which is Monday 25th, so the following weekend of Sat 30th/Sun1st July could be a runner?

definitely out on the weekend of the 22nd/23rd. Richie Hawtin is playing at womb. I love snowboarding... i love hawtin... id step on any of your faces to bliss out dancing to plastikman (though its his shitty alter ego hawtin in this particular case). Great night last year when he was at ageha though. Just wish hed bring the whole plastikman stuff with him again. I was in korea last time he did that...

ETA: Due to unforeseen (100k pay cheque this month) and foreseen (125k next month and having to pay to move somewhere new at the end of the month), gassan aint happening for me. :/

ETA: Due to unforeseen (100k pay cheque this month) and foreseen (125k next month and having to pay to move somewhere new at the end of the month), gassan aint happening for me. :/

:horse:

I'm guessing no but have no idea! :wakaranai:

We will be going by car, Mick.

Will report.

Do you have space in the car for a middle-aged snowboarder!. He's very quiet and well-behaved (providing he gets fed regularly!) and would happily pay towards petrol and other travel expenses! ;)

been reading a few stories about Gassan and they refer to it as Gassan Glacier. I didn't think Japan had any Glaciers......is this just a marketing ploy or is it a bona fide glacier?

There have always been areas of permanent snow in parts of the Japanese Alps and in Daisetsuzan in Hokkaido but until recently no recognised glaciers. Some recent studies though have confirmed 3 small glaciers in the Northern Alps on Tateyama and Tsurugi-dake. Gassan definitely does not have a glacier though ;)

• 1 month later...

Well for the 3rd year running, I'm not going to make it to Gassan!! :thumbsdown: But I shall console myself with the reason for not going, namely, I've just spent my Gassan fund on a new board!! :thumbsup: Maybe next year! :lol:

It's a bit cooler today with all the rain but yeah, can't imagine riding now! Though no doubt I'll feel a bit different when my new toy arrives! :D

• 1 year later...