Let's Gala, was what we decided.

Both of us on a holiday today and a kind of overcast kind of fine day, so put on the gear - less than usual, because it was warm - and get up there.

My it was warm today. Going past the thermometer sign on Route 17 it said 14 degrees. On the way back it said 15.

Snow was heavy and sherbet-y. Strange, but a very jerky ride even on groomed courses, almost as if the snow was sticky. Can't think how else to explain it. But on the way to and from the South Area, bits that need a bit of a cross-country push.... not fun.

But skiing was ok, even though I wasn't feeling totally up for it. Good to get out though.

Just a few snapshots using a crappy phone camera:

Lots of snow slides

gallery_6744_171_147940.jpg

On the way over to the South Area from the top

gallery_6744_171_207453.jpg

It's a bit of a cross-country. Heavy, sticky snow does not help

gallery_6744_171_117604.jpg

Look! There's Mitsumata. And look! There's Naeba in the background!

gallery_6744_171_71869.jpg

Looking down from the top bit

gallery_6744_171_284426.jpg

And looking back up

gallery_6744_171_20351.jpg

South Area very quiet

gallery_6744_171_198419.jpg

gallery_6744_171_289154.jpg

And the downhill course to finish things off

gallery_6744_171_23157.jpg

I think lots of people miss the South Area, not knowing it's there.

And no not mad keen on the flats myself.

Like it once I get there though, even if the previous quad was better than the pair. ;)

Like the view looking over to Mitsumata and Gala. Didn't realise you could see the top of Gala from there. Will have to look next time, if I ever get back to Kagura!

Yeah, likewise! I only made it there once this season (my first ever visit) and couldn't see anything, plus most of the southern area was closed, so I'll definitely be heading back there, dare I say it, "next season" though only after I've visited the real jewel in the crown of Paradise Alley! ;)

In any case, thanks for posting this Muika! :thumbsup: