• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by db:

I have a general rule, if it is popular with the crowds, it usually sucks.

Hey db does this go for the exponential popular boom in boarding as well? Glad I'm one of the new minority - you know blank canvas types - who like skiing. ;\)

note the words in my original statement:

'general' and 'usually'.

Besides, owning a snowboard and visiting the snow (huge popularity) is one thing. It is what you do with that opportunity that is the topic matter.

note 1: by saying 'what you do with it', I am not so much refering to skill level, rather why you own it - to do something popular and cool, or to start drawing on your blank canvass.

note 2: the above is probably a little rich coming from a first season type like myself.

hem now,

thanks for the kind words. However I think you will recal that i spent most of the time bogged in powder and cursing about snowboards as I watched you fly by on those viking skis.

By the way, that was about day 15. I have actually got the hang of it a lot more now.

Hey db, I was only going fast cos I was trying to lose the guy with the beard.

I have a reputation to uphold - if people see me hangin out with guys with beards, they`ll think I too am a pot smoking hippy with dubious hygiene standards.

hem now

Hey Dan - ;\)

nori-chan, its pijin english for "right on", "I agree", "hey, thats cool". Check out the thread on the off-snow DB, titled "member handles" for where everyone got their handle from (er, dunno how to post the link, sorry...)

cheers big ears,

hem now

• 2 weeks later...

Japanese snow resorts have a broad policy of roping off large areas of trees and i strongly believe that everyone else should respect these rules. At a resort with 100's of people on the mountain I think it is fantastic that only 3 or 4 people actually venture into the trees. The patrol are doing a great job of keeping the trees untouched. Long live the rope policy.